help!?

Options
hey there:)
so ive lost a little bit of weight now im
really wanting to tone up my belly, and get some upper body strength.
what are some ideas to get me started ? i dont like the gym and i havent got a lot of fitness machines at home
i really need some strength in my upperbody so i can learn to do sit ups and push ups :)
thanks

Replies

• 1994baileyboo
    Options
    bump*
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    there are some good examples out there for accomplishing what you want to do and you can do them at home. It doesnt sound like you can do many push ups right now and they are a natural easy one you can do at home once you learn them. You can get some good content on how to learn to do pushups and build your way up to doing real ones and the learning curve is usually pretty fast. I was that way with pull ups...I couldnt even do one and was embarrassed. So I started with the kind that assist you (either machine kind or with the support bands and I kept doing them through exhaustion and I found over a pretty short time I could do them without the help and now I can power out 10-15 without thinking about it.

For the belly tone, maybe incorporate some of the crossfit type workouts at home. The explosive and plyo type exercises are great for helping belly fat go away. I see people all the time that dont do much ab work and they are shredded in the midsection that just do interval/hybrid type training. Hope this helps
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. That's all you need to get started. That and a couple of 3 to 5 lb weights. :smile:
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands. I bought a set at Wal Mart, Gold's Gym brand. It's an entire set with a workout dvd. I bring it with me when I travel. I get a good workout from it. Not the weights and cardio I'm used to at the gym, but I really like it. Didn't even cost me $30 at the time.