Julian Michaels or Gym????

Hey everyone so I have tried Julian before, her workouts are KILLER and truthfully I hate them. I don't mind the gym (its easier for me to get motivated to try out all those machines) but I want results FAST! Not really losing weight as much as losing inches and muscle. I would at least like to be in a medium in cloths by the time summer hits. I also want to lose 8 inches in stomach by summer time. What would be a better plan?

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    If you hate JM DVDs, don't do them.

Go to the gym which motivates you more.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    I work out at home and get gym results, but not with Jillian Michaels. Personally I think she's overplayed with her "role" and is more into her "brand" than helping anybody. I've gotten my results from ChaLEAN Extreme and then P90X. I am finishing up round 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme, which is a 90-day weightlifting program that focuses on heavy lifting.

My current default pic shows my results from my first round of ChaLEAN Extreme.
  • Maybe go to the gym most of the time, and do the Jillian Michaels workout once a week? If you really hate the Jillian Michaels workout you shouldn't do it too much, working out should be fun, you don't want to make it miserable or you will eventually become unmotivated. You can get fast results at the gym if you push yourself.
    Good luck!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Don't do something you hate, you won't do it long...
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    i use jillian and i lose inches with her, not lbs. If the gym motivates you do that, do what you like and will stick with. I can`t, as i live no where near a gym so i do what i can...
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    I used jillian michaels last year as well as the gym, now, i probably wouldnt do her dvds and i would definitely choose the gym over it as i have a much more strenuous workout. If you hate them, dont do them! If you want results fast, do strength and cardio at the gym :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Julian Michaels

Is there a spanish version with a guy named Julian I don't know about??? Sorry I could not resist!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Julian Michaels

Is there a spanish version with a guy named Julian I don't know about??? Sorry I could not resist!

That would be Julio Miguel :laugh:

Jillian sucks, forget her and join a gym :drinker:
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    I do both....gym for 45 minutes and her Ripped In 30 or 30 Day Shred for strength training....that way I only hate her 25 minutes out of the day. =P Whatever works for you, though. =)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    Julian Michaels

I don't get why everyone calls her Julian. Her name is Jillian. the name has I's not U's
  • I've had awesome success with Jillian, and I love her stuff. Getting to the gym on a regular basis isn't practical for me right now so I stick to what I can do. That being said, if you hate them and you can get to a gym do that!
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    So many Jillian haters.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Do what motivates you - you'll work out better, longer, & more often, which ultimately translates to better results.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    I'm kinda irritated by the Jillian Michaels haters because I owe the majority of my success to her dvds. Look at my before pics and THEN tell me Jillian Michael's dvds don't work lol.

That being said, no one can really tell you what's better because everyone's body is different and while the gym might work better for you, staying at home with Jillian Michael's dvds might be better for someone else. I personally think that you should do whatever motivates you more. As someone else in here stated, if you continue to do something you hate, you won't do it for long.
  • I'm kinda irritated by the Jillian Michaels haters because I owe the majority of my success to her dvds. Look at my before pics and THEN tell me Jillian Michael's dvds don't work lol.

That being said, no one can really tell you what's better because everyone's body is different and while the gym might work better for you, staying at home with Jillian Michael's dvds might be better for someone else. I personally think that you should do whatever motivates you more. As someone else in here stated, if you continue to do something you hate, you won't do it for long.

+1!
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    If you don't like the dvds then don't do them! They do work though. :D. My thing is when I do a dvd of any kind I mute it and put some pumpin jams on that make me get into it. Then I don't get as aggravated during them haha. Honestly though, I think the best thing would be to switch things up, do one thing one day and another the next! but that is just me. :D Good luck!!
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    I'm kinda irritated by the Jillian Michaels haters because I owe the majority of my success to her dvds. Look at my before pics and THEN tell me Jillian Michael's dvds don't work lol.

+2!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    I agree with those that say you should do whatever you like, so if you don't enjoy doing her videos then do something that you do enjoy. Working out should be fun (or at least not feel like torture)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Definitely find something you enjoy doing. Although if you want results fast then you are going to have to push yourself. Do you hate the DVDs because of what you have to do or because you find them hard? If it's the latter than maybe you should be doing them. You need motivation to work out and push yourself hard on your own in a gym. Maybe you could try classes or something different to find what you enjoy
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    It's not worth doing if you don't enjoy it. I loooove Jillian but if you don't, find a workout you like more!