In Between Big and Thin

Options
*Sigh* Now I'm sure there are many people who can relate to this, I've lost a fairly significant amount of weight in about 14 months (35 lbs) and now I've reached that as I close in on my target weight I'm second guessing myself.

I was never "huge" before, but I was big; now I'm slender but definitely not skinny. I'm really finding it hard to accept that this is where I need to be, or at the minimum that I'm not "fat" anymore.

Any good samaritan out there want to cheer up a girl who's feeling down? :ohwell:

(If you're curious: 5'4/128/under 20)

Replies

• kaapo
    kaapo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know it can be hard to change the way you see your body after weightloss but you should be so proud of what you have achieved. I wish I had lost as much as you have :)
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well done on losing all that weight! I am the same height as you and stuck now at 143 for the last month. I still look in the mirror and don't see a change, but when I look a photos of me in the same swimsuit 5 months ago there is definitely a change. 35lb is a huge weight loss and you should be patting yourself on the back for that - I think some of us will always have "curves" no matter how much we try to lose them. Hope you can be happy in your new body.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will give it my best shot. First of all, give yourself credit for a job well done and celebrate your achievement! Perhaps you need to change your focus from “skinny” to “healthy.” That word skinny gets thrown around so much and is that really your goal? How do you feel these days? How does your body feel? Do you have more energy? Do you fuel your body with good things? Are you stronger? These are all signs that your body is happy and that is a great thing! Love your body!!! I wish you all the best!!! :smile: