Just need a few "You got this" to stay on track.

Options
Today is the end of week 3. Week one lost 3 lbs., week two lost 1 pound, week three gained 1 pound. Seriously???? My commitment has been strong; working out 5 days a week for 30 - 45 minutes per day and being ever so conscious about what food I am eating and not eating - limiting carbs and sugar and focusing on protein, fruits, veggies and good fats.

I'm reevaluating my diet - looking hard at portions and choices. I've started slower on exercise since it's been a while and I don't want to injure myself (which sidelined me before and then gave me excuses not to get back to it). I've incorporated strength training as well.

I just need to hear, "You got this!" "It will happen!" "Stay the course!" "Be patient!" from others and not my own head.

Anyone? Please. :)

Replies

• Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    it takes time. Stay the course. I will happen. you can do it.

you got this!
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You may think just because the scale isn't reflecting it, that nothing is happening, but so much is happening. Stick with it and you will see. No one ever said this journey would be easy. It takes work and dedication. It's taken me a year to lose the weight I've lost and I'm glad it's taken me that long, because I don't want to just have it drop immediately. Slow and steady is what you need to focus on. You might also at some point have to switch up your routine, what works for me will not necessarily work for you. Kepp with it and you will be happy you did!
  • turtle0022
    turtle0022 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for giving what I needed to hear. :)
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You are still 3 lbs down in just 3 weeks. That is awesome.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You do have it. You are assessing and asking for help. Good for you. You will do this!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hang in there the scale can be misleading due to fluid etc especially with a new exercise routine. Drink more water and track your measurements as well as the scale. if still no progress then look again at calories / logging accuracy activity levels etc.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My new favorite phrase is "weightloss is not linear."

Other than sodium and diuretics, there isn't much of an immediate cause and effect between what we put in our mouth and what we see on the scale - it is all cumulative.

Personally, I think my scale just likes to mess with my head, as I have no weight loss weeks, then it will suddenly show up when I *know* I am bloated, hormonal and half arsed the previous night's dance class.

Also, you are only in week three - you are running a pretty good average across those weeks!

If it really bothers you, put the scale away for a month and focus on nutritional and fitness goals. I can stay off the scale, but every time I log into the Wii Fit it offers to weigh me - good thing it isn't offering me chocolate!
  • sassy_sparkles
    Options
    Adding you as a friend!

Don't worry about the weight fluxes. Our bodies change each and every day. Last week I lost size around my middle and my pants were feeling baggier than ever, but the scale said I had gained 5 pounds. This week it said I'm still on track to reaching my personal goal. I think my body was hoarding water to help me recover after some hard core workouts last week.

Look for the positive changes in the way your body feels and looks instead of judging you personal success only by reaching a certain weight. If you get really caught up on the numbers, only weigh yourself once a week or every other week at the same time of day.

By the way,
    YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You sound like me when I started. It does get better. You can do this!!
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It takes time for your body to adjust. Keep on track and your body will figure it out. :)
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just remember the weight didn't go on in a month and it won't come off that fast either - it is a long journey but you have started it really well - you can do it - don't give up.
    You got this!
  • turtle0022
    turtle0022 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've GOT this! Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Happy Thursday! :flowerforyou:
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself?

In the last year I haven't done much exercise but was going to a PT once a week. We did measurements and weigh in every 6weeks or so, and I GAINED a lot of weight. Muscle ways more than fat for one, water retention always is changing, and for females; if you are on some sort of contraceptive (ie, pill or injection) you can gain weight on them. I was unlucky and had my pill change on me, as the one I had been on for 6 years was no longer being produced, and I gained A LOT of weight. Because of all of this I look at the measurements. 90% of the time I have had mine taken I have lost even the slightest amount, and the only time I gained was just after changing pill, but the next weigh in I lost a lot to put me a couple cm under the weigh in before.

It is not always just what the scales say!

YOU CAN DO THIS!