SNACKS!

Options
I'm a full-time student and drink a protein shake in the morning for breakfast but need something between my 2nd and 3rd class (around 1030a-11a) to keep me focused through that last class which goes til 1230.

Any suggestions?

Not necc looking for protein because I get it in the morning and as a post-workout shake plus fish or chicken for dinner..

something that can be thrown in a school bag and doesn't have to be refrigerated.

I'm big on texture so it cant be chalky!

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    It's worth running a search, there have been several similar threads from students in the last few weeks.
  • RhysGM
    RhysGM Posts: 39
    Options
    I have 25g of peanuts and 25g of Cashews around 11 o'clock. Good slow release of energy for the rest of the day.
  • xoxerinxox
    Options
    A handful of nuts in a little tub or bag and some fruit like grapes so you don't have any peel to chuck away :) Also protein bars such as Quest bars are completely natural and delicious.
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Cheap sliced chick, cheap sliced turkey. A dozen eggs and a carton off egg whites. Skim milk fat free cheese singles. Tuna.

Cheese and egg whites maybe half a yolk with cheese on toast. Cheese and eggs. Or chicken or turkey on one piece of low cal bread. With skim milk cheese. I like tabasco.

Open face tuna salad sammich. Cut half the ffat in mayo plz.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds and an apple.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    whole wheat crackers and cheese
  • keelski
    keelski Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm a student too and what helps me are nakd bars, I think they are larabars over in the States? 'Nakd' bars are just fruits, nut and natural flavouring, no nasties and are about a 100cals. They taste really great, especially the cocoa varieties and they also do 'infused raisins' the cola ones are awesome. I find they really fill me up too and good for snacking between lectures.

If you are feeling particularly creative there is a recipe here http://www.includingcake.com/2011/09/chocolate-orange-smoosh-bar-aka-nakd.html :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you're having nuts weigh them - they are high in calories! I find a banana best, or try something like a good quality cereal bar - not ones high in sugar! I love Dorset Cereals fruity bars (they do a dark chocolate and macadamia one too mmmmmmmmmmmmm)
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds and an apple.

Yes yes! I usually have a babybel (original or light) and a piece of fruit.
  • cjdippo15
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your ideas!! This way, I won't get bored with the same snack everyday!