Eating More and Super Hungry Now!

Options
I was eating 1200 calories and working out like mad for a long time. I didn't lose any weight for 6 plus months.

I increased my calories to 1500-1600 (sometimes 1700) about a month ago. Weight started coming off, yay!

While I was on 1200 calories I felt satiated, but now, eating more, I'm hungry ALL the time. I eat very healthy, and allow myself a treat every other day or so.

Is my increase in hunger because my metabolism is moving more quickly? Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It could be because you ate so little the first few months. Not really sure. I hope it goes away for you soon.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too when I upped my calories !!!

I posted on the "eat more to lose weight" group and other people experienced it too.

Its your body adjusting. It happened to me 3 days in a row, but now I'm still eating my upped calories and I'm still hungry and can eat my calories, but don't crave for more than my already increased calories, like I was.
  • Dietcise
    Dietcise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have awakened your metabolism I believe.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have heard, not fact, that when you are dieting and so forth that when you are actually feeling hungry it is that your metabolism is boosted,,,,burning....like I said I don't know this to be fact.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Bump :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it happens and it's expected and totally normal. Your supposition is correct, your metabolism is going faster and it is triggering hunger hormones that were suppressed on your low calorie diet due to a self-preservation mechanism. Its a good thing. It will level out soon, just roll with it. Don't do anything to try and suppress it (other than eating) as that would be a step backwards. I tend to drink a lot of coffee when I am going through that phase change.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    how is your protein? maybe you need more filling meals not just higher cal ones?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    how is your protein? maybe you need more filling meals not just higher cal ones?
    That's another really good point. I have found that on days where I have low protein I turn in to a cookie monster. The really strange thing about it is that I would expect that if I needed protein, I would crave protein, but I tend to crave carby foods (a.k.a. Cookies). The only way I figured out the link is by tracking it.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You have awakened your metabolism I believe.
    You are correct.