Keeping track of weightloss?

Options
Anyone give me some good ideas on a fun/different way to keep track of my weight loss? Right now I do have the motivation to keep going, but I know when my Husband deploys next month that I am going to get down and stressed and I want something I can look at everyday to keep pushing me to my goal =)

Replies

• Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Photographs for longer term motivation. You could try challenge yourself each day/week to cook a new healthy recipe using a vegetable or ingredient you don't use eg. I didn't like spinach but now I love it as an ingredient and I have made spinach and turkey burgers and today I plan to make a spinach bread. I have tumblr that keeps me motivated....as long as you chose to follow people that are losing weight in healthy ways. You could make a chart that you can cross off each 5lb loss or days that you exercised etc and of course mfp always motivates me, good luck I know you can get to goal!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Make two jars. One that says "Pounds lost" and one that says "Pounds to go" and then fill them with pretty glass beads. Move beads accordingly. :) This helped me. It was a great visual. :)
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My advice would be not to focus too much on weight loss!!

I know that sounds crazy seeing as that is the whole point but you aren't gonna lose every day, in fact you will be lucky if you lose every week (we all seem to hit a wall now and then) and I can gaurantee you there will be times you are JUST NOT LOSING ENOUGH!!

If it's all just about the weight its really tough to stay smiley, so set yourself other goals too:

Days in a row not breaking your calorie count (not even by 1)
    Exercise calories burned
    Inches lost
    Distance you can now run (this was a biggy for me. I can do 5miles now and am sooooo proud of myself) or Zumba or bycicle or whatever you do.

Be proud of your other achievements and then when you get on the scale and you put on 1lb despite doing EVERYTHING right you won't feel quite so much like the world ended.... and next week it will look better!!
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Make two jars. One that says "Pounds lost" and one that says "Pounds to go" and then fill them with pretty glass beads. Move beads accordingly. :) This helped me. It was a great visual. :)

I wish I had done this but with pound coins, I could get some new clothes now!