Hardboiled eggs

Options
2»

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Chile limon seasoning, lotsasodium but it kinda makes em crunchy... and DO NOT ADD CHEESE OMFG.

Uhm, I add cheese to eggs a lot...nothing wrong with it.

I also don't understand why you shouldn't add cheese? I have a super duper non stick pan, I put a drop of oil in and when the pan is hot wipe it out with kitchen towel, throw in 2 beaten eggs, some onion, meat (chicken, salmon, ground beef) or add tomatoes, baby mozzerella balls and herbs. When it is set on the bottom put it under the grill for about 3 minutes to get the top bubbly and golden. Fold it in half and eat with a crunch salad. You can make it and eat it cold too!
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat two hardboiled eggs for berakfast every morning. (I'm deployed overseas right now, and food options are pretty limited--Especially if you're trying to eat healthy!) I don't much care for the way they taste either, though. Usually what I do is sprinkle them liberally with black pepper, then add a dab of mustard to every bite. Kind of like lazy-(wo)man's devilled eggs.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    its the yolk that smells, mostly. ditch the yolk, just eat the white, that's where all the protein is anyway.
    Don't do this, egg whites have no vitamins, and the yoke is a great and natural source of vitamins A D E K.
    Eat whole eggs much better for you than anything you add to them.
    plus egg whites have 8 times as much sodium as yokes
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    low fat or fat free greek yoghurt is an amazing replacement for mayo when making egg salad or tuna salad

mix in seasoning to change it up -- chilli powder, garam masala, chipotle sauce, cucumber and mint, watercress, wasabi...

also you can mix your eggs with whatever veg, protein and seasoning you like and bake in muffin tins to make mini portable omelettes! if you don't want to grease the tin, use paper muffin cups. gives you a lot of flexibility for flavouring.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Chile limon seasoning, lotsasodium but it kinda makes em crunchy... and DO NOT ADD CHEESE OMFG.

Uhm, I add cheese to eggs a lot...nothing wrong with it.

I also don't understand why you shouldn't add cheese? I have a super duper non stick pan, I put a drop of oil in and when the pan is hot wipe it out with kitchen towel, throw in 2 beaten eggs, some onion, meat (chicken, salmon, ground beef) or add tomatoes, baby mozzerella balls and herbs. When it is set on the bottom put it under the grill for about 3 minutes to get the top bubbly and golden. Fold it in half and eat with a crunch salad. You can make it and eat it cold too!

sounds yummy!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I mash cold hard boiled eggs with natural fat free yoghurt, chopped garlic, chilli and cumin.

I'm going to try this today.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Take one hard boiled egg, and one tomato, about the same size as the egg.
    Put them in the same bowl. With a fork and a sharp knife, cut the 2 things very finely and mix them together. The juice in the tomato will be enough to hold everything together.

Add salt and pepper to taste. Some chopped spring onion goes well too. Great filling for sandwiches, baked potato, just piled onto crackers.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love my eggs with a touch of Old Bay and that's it! Gotta love MD ;)
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Try an airtight (maybe a screw top plastic one) to prevent egg smelliness. :smile:
    Is there some kind of salad dressing you can tolerate with your health issue, instead of the mayo? (Salsa is great with tuna instead of mayo, but I have no idea what it would be like with eggs!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    low fat or fat free greek yoghurt is an amazing replacement for mayo when making egg salad or tuna salad

mix in seasoning to change it up -- chilli powder, garam masala, chipotle sauce, cucumber and mint, watercress, wasabi...

also you can mix your eggs with whatever veg, protein and seasoning you like and bake in muffin tins to make mini portable omelettes! if you don't want to grease the tin, use paper muffin cups. gives you a lot of flexibility for flavouring.

Love the mini omelette idea. Cheers for that!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options

I do this for my 2nd breakfast (I eat 6 meals a day). I make a bunch on the weekend and put them in the freezer. a minute or 2 in the microwave and done! :)

Hardboiled eggs are my 4th meal (in betwen lunch & dinner) so all of these different ideas will definitely help me change it up some!

Thanks everyone!!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas.

So

BUMP
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to save/bookmark threads like these on this site ( as opposed to bookmarking them in my browser) - it's already on the my topics list, but it'll fall off the bottom of the list after a while

great recipe ideas everyone, can't wait to try them :)