Frustrated!

Options
Frustrated! When I weighed in yesterday it said I had gained 2 pounds! I thought it had to be off. I mean I've worked out 7 of the last 8 days when I wasn't working out at all before. I've been drinking 8-9 8 oz glasses of of water a day when I was lucky to drink one before. I am eating healthy with lots of protein, fruits and veggies. I got on the Wii fit today and it said I gained another pound and a half (meaning it is saying I've gained almost 4 pounds)! I'm angry! I don't know what else to do. My calorie allowance is set right for the amount of normal activity I have. Right now the scale says I weigh 2 pounds more than I did when I began. And I had lost weight at my last weigh in. I just don't get it!

I am just perplexed because I've done this before and went from nothing to losing up to 7 pounds in one week (not typical, I know). So I don't understand why I am seeing gaines even for muscle this soon. I've just started the work out routine over the past 8 days. Was just getting the eating habits down before that. I have friends who started Jan 1st who have all lost 9-10 pounds and they are going to the gym. Why am I gaining? I will press on. I am looking into "The Shred" by Dr. Ian White. Bought the book yesterday and started reading it last night. I need results or I get highly discouraged.

I also know all about the starvation mode thing and eating enough calories. I started out at 250 pounds (I am 5' 6 1/2"), weighed in at 248 last Sunday and now it says I am 252! I am allowed like 1460 calories a day and I do my best to consume all of them. I am drinking my water. I really am just perplexed.

Michelle

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Chances are its from your muscles retaining water from your intense workouts. I would suggest you take pics and measurements that you can compare to later. I haven't lost much on the scale, but have gone down from a size 14/12 pant to a size 10/8, and from a XL shirt to a L and sometimes depending on the style of top a M. I took before pics in March and again in November, I was so surprised to see the difference in front of me! Please don't get discouraged.
  • mjenne74
    mjenne74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement. I am only just under three weeks in on my journey. So I haven't measured. But my pants/shirts don't seem to be fitting different yet. I will press on as being healthy is my number one priority. I just have never seen this happen in all my times of losing weight.