FITBIT answers needed

Options
I want one but dont know if I should order a ONE or preorder the FLEX. Any thoughts? Please chime in if you have a FitBit One or if you are planning on getting a Flex. Pros and cons of each? I plan on ordering before the end of the day. Also if you use FitBit do you use their website for exercise and weight tracking as well as this one? Why or why not?

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I want one but dont know if I should order a ONE or preorder the FLEX. Any thoughts? Please chime in if you have a FitBit One or if you are planning on getting a Flex. Pros and cons of each? I plan on ordering before the end of the day. Also if you use FitBit do you use their website for exercise and weight tracking as well as this one? Why or why not?

It all depends on what info you want!

I have an ultra, but it cracked and they are sending me a ONE to replace it.

IMO the one is better. it does everything the ultra does, with the addition of a silent alarm and being splash proof. You can access the info ( calories burned, steps, distance, flights of steps, plus the flower which shows general activity level) by pressing a button.

From what I understand, the Flex is a bracelet, but you cannot access any of your stats from it :( it just has lights that light up after you have hit 20% of your goal.

I actually don't do too much with the fitbit site. I don't even log exercise anymore--I just sync fitbit and MFP and take whatever adjustment I get ( most of my exercise is walking based)
  • mtbchk
    mtbchk Posts: 22
    Options
    From what I can tell, the One and the Flex track the same things, but the Flex is worn as a bracelet while the One has a clip for your pocket, bra, or whatever. The One shows all of your stats (your "flower" that grows as you are more active, steps, floors climbed, distance, calories, and current time). I think the Flex only has lights that light up similar to the flower on the One.

I use the Fitbit website in conjunction with MFP. I track food on MFP and activity on Fitbit. They both have good graphs, but I like the graphs on Fitbit better. I do like how they sync together (and are free).

The sleep info on the Fitbit site is kind of cool. I'm not sure what exactly to do with it, but it is fun to watch.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it. I was interested in the Flex but had heard that it doesn't track your stairs. Another thing that turned me off from the Flex is the lack of a screen. If something is going to be on my wrist, it should atleast tell me the time :wink:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit one about a week and 1/2 ago and I love it! I didn't want to wear a braclet and it doesn't show you any stats on it which hte fitbit one does. It really does challenge you to move. Yesterday evening I didn't go to the gym cause I was busy but was determined to get my 10,000 or more steps in so I was walking in place when cooking dinner! Made the 10,000 steps and have already earned my 50 miles badge since getting it on 1/13/13! I do manually put in exercise from the gym like stationary bike and ellipitical since it doesn't register that exercise. I have MFP synced with Fitbit also.
    I have only tracked my sleep one night and don't use that much. I just put my Fitit one on my night stand when I go to bed and pick it up when I wake up every morning.
  • kshannon72
    Options
    I just ordered the ZIP should I not have done that? I am very excited and I really do not care to where it while I sleep. Does anyone have the ZIP and like it just as much :) ? Thank you..............Kristin
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. I have a One and positively adore it. Not having a screen would bother me, and also a bracelet would not go with a lot of my wardrobe. And I already wear my Nike+ Sportband (bracelet) when I run, so two would be a pain.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you will love it!
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I love my One. I don't like the idea of wearing something that other people can see or judge. But it's all personal preference. Good luck with your selection.
  • cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've got the One and I LOVE it. I have it set up to sync with MFP. Instead of logging exercises I just use the FitBit adjustment that it gives me. For workouts at home I switch it to 'stop watch mode' so the tracking is a little more sensitive and my workout is marked more clearly when I look at my data on FitBit's website.

For me I wouldn't wear the Flex. I just don't like bracelets and such plus my daughter would see it and want to play with it (She's 20 months so she wants to play with everthing). If I'd wanted a wrist tracker I would have gotten a Nike + or a Jawbone Up.

One of my favorite features on the One is the screen that I can use to check my stats during the day. Since my daughter also destroyed my watch band I use it to check the time. I just clip it to my bra and I'm good to go. Half the time I forget it's even there during the day it's so tiny.

Besides not having a screen, which would be the deal breaker for me right there, the Flex doesn't track stairs. I have a small house and the streets around my house are far to busy to feel safe walking with my daughter; so instead of setting a daily step goal for myself I switched my FitBit's goals to flights of stairs instead. The Flex wouldn't track this so that would kind of be an issue.

I'd stick with the One. If you really want a tracker to wear on your wrist you can always just wear the band is comes with for when you're sleeping all day. Heck when I forgot my sleep band at my parents I use the arm band from an old MP3 player and clipped the One to that. At least that way you can have the best of both worlds instead of being stuck with just a wrist band.

Plus a One you can order now and have in a few days. The Flex is releasing Sping 2013 with no set date of when that might be.
  • cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    As for the Zip, well, it's alright I guess. But since it doesn't track sleep or stairs or have the silent alarm feature, it's essentially an over glorified pedometer that comes in pretty colors. If that's all you wanted you could spend $10-15 on a pedometer at Walmart or something and log steps manually.

The price difference between the Zip and Ultra/One isn't that great. To me it just makes more sense to spend a tiny bit extra for all the bonus features the One includes.
  • WriteNovels
    WriteNovels Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my One today! I can't wait to use it when it gets here. I'm so excited that it syncs with MFP.
  • sunnysulani
    Options
    I got a Fitbit One for Christmas. I love it. I was surprised how active I am when I am supposedly just sitting around. I know I get up and move around a lot but this made me see just how much walking I do at work. And it is pretty accurate for my runs too. Not exactly but if I run 3 miles, for example, it usually comes in somewhere between 2.9 and 3.1.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I ordered my ONE last night!