"7 day diet" and detox baths

Options
2»

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to do a "7 day" diet as it is not sustainable - OK I have ONE reason - you can't zip your wedding dress and you're getting married in 7 days. That's IT. Eating fewer calories than you use will reduce weight, adding exercise will reduce weight faster and reduce the risk of sagging.

Nothing you apply to the outside of you will achieve permanent weight loss. Even these wraps and things which say you lose inches, you will find one good drink (water, whatever) and it all pops back!
  • chocolate_barbell
    chocolate_barbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you probably will only lose a pound or 2 youll gain it back the next week.....just eat how you normally do just small portions and exercise

I agree with this. I used to do these fad diets back in the day and always gained the weight back even though I ate balanced afterwards. Plus, I was always hungry, moody and my mind was in a constant fog. These diets are not worth it, as they are nutritionally unbalanced. I did not lose weight until I started eating MORE plus exercise.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You're going to HATE 7 Day Diet, it doesn't work. You become really off balanced. But a couple of pounds (water weight) is all you'll probably expect to lose.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

Anything that you don't plan on doing for the rest of your life isn't going to be worth your money or your time. This isn't a race and nothing that promises quick results is worth it. Nothing worthwhile in life comes free or quickly. You have to work hard and commit yourself to your goals. It'll take time, but when you get there - you'll be proud and you'll keep it off.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What the fudge is a detox bath? Do I have to share a bath with Dr. Oz? My tub isn't very big....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    "Detox bath"?
    Is that when you pass out in a ditch and it rains?