sabotaging

Options
Can you self sabotage with out knowing? I think I maybe afraid of being skinny.

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes. I think it's possible to self-sabotage because you're afraid of what might happen when you get skinny....worried about if people will treat you differently, or how people will treat you, or if you'll change in the process of losing the weight, and not knowing how it'll affect your attitude about yourself.

Nobody has a crystal ball, and I'm just trying to focus on the journey.....worry about that part when I get there. Sometimes it's hard, but I can't focus on stuff right now that is beyond my control....I have to get there first! LOL

For what it's worth, and good luck!
  • brwneyedbrndi
    brwneyedbrndi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible to happen, but if you're losing weight and exercising regularly instead of doing some fad or diet pill or "quick solution", you'll see the changes in your body as they slowly happen. So if you get to a point where you feel you are healthy and fit and like what you see, then be happy there. Yes, there's a recommended weight for everyone, but that's not to say that it's right for every single person. The only person you need approval from is yourself.