Tap Out XT

Options
2»

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I still have a good 20 pounds to lose and am looking for a more cardio based workout as I would like to keep it up for when I can run. I might get some workouts from both and see which one I like the best.

You'll probably see better results from TapouT XT if you follow the schedules strictly. But the thing about Rushfit is that they don't tell you what TYPE of cardio to do on your specifically cardio days. You could do a cardio video from another series, you could do HIIT, you could go for a run, whatever.

The schedule works like this:

Mon - Do a Rushfit DVD that follows a circuit training format (full body strength training done at a pace that makes it a cardio workout as well)
    Tues - Cardio (they don't tell you WHAT cardio to do)
    Wed - Rushfit DVD
    Thurs - Cardio
    Fri - Rushfit
    Sat - Cardio
    Sun - Rest

get it? So the type of cardio you do COULD lead to better results for your situation as well IF and ONLY IF you are knowledgeable enough to pick the right kind. If you want it structured for you,t hough, definitely TapouT XT.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    For you I would definitely recommend Rushfit over TapouT XT because you really need to place a greater emphasis on muscle building than continued fat burning at this point.

Yea I wish I would've been read your review. I already ordered Tap Out. I guess I'll try the other after this. I'm a little addicted to the at home dvds
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    I still have a good 20 pounds to lose and am looking for a more cardio based workout as I would like to keep it up for when I can run. I might get some workouts from both and see which one I like the best.

You'll probably see better results from TapouT XT if you follow the schedules strictly. But the thing about Rushfit is that they don't tell you what TYPE of cardio to do on your specifically cardio days. You could do a cardio video from another series, you could do HIIT, you could go for a run, whatever.

Mon - Do a Rushfit DVD that follows a circuit training format (full body strength training done at a pace that makes it a cardio workout as well)
    Wed - Rushfit DVD
    Thurs - Cardio
    Fri - Rushfit
    Sat - Cardio
    Sun - Rest

get it? So the type of cardio you do COULD lead to better results for your situation as well IF and ONLY IF you are knowledgeable enough to pick the right kind. If you want it structured for you,t hough, definitely TapouT XT.

Thank you. This has been very helpful.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Wed - Rushfit DVD
    Thurs - Cardio
    Fri - Rushfit
    Sat - Cardio
    Sun - Rest

Thank you. This has been very helpful.

Glad I could help.
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Tap Out. I enjoy the workouts. They are pretty tough for me at least. They are all really full body/cardio with emphasis on certain parts. I am following the way they lay it out. I am not following their diet plan though. I can see results after 2 weeks. The tape did not show much, the scales have not moved, but I can see some definition beginning to creep in. The Cardio workout kicked my butt! I did not even have the weighted gloves. I think if I was to buy it again I would get the deluxe set. I need different bands depending on the exercise that is being done. Also if you work out on carpet get knee pads and elbow pads or a large matt for the core combat DVD. Carpet burns really suck!!!
  • erinmel00
    erinmel00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For anyone thinking about doing TapoutXT, I highly recommend it! The workouts are tough, but fun. If you follow the workout schedule, you WILL see results. I went from a size 12 to a size 6! My husband went from a 40 to a 33! We are both thrilled with the power and strength we have now.
  • nashai01
    Options
    For anyone thinking about doing TapoutXT, I highly recommend it! The workouts are tough, but fun. If you follow the workout schedule, you WILL see results. I went from a size 12 to a size 6! My husband went from a 40 to a 33! We are both thrilled with the power and strength we have now.

Awesome!! This is motivating.
  • nashai01
    Options
    So, I only did one workout. I'm following the program workouts as listed in the calendar. I enjoyed my first day. Will post after day 10
  • jenmcblais
    Options
    we just got tap out for my husband, I am doing p90x, however i tried tapout today, i think i am switching routines on monday :). how do you log the workouts in the calander here?
  • CrDw1977
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what the calendar is like? Can I keep running on this program?
  • nashai01
    Options
    we just got tap out for my husband, I am doing p90x, however i tried tapout today, i think i am switching routines on monday :). how do you log the workouts in the calander here?

I logged the workouts by creating my own workout and using a hrm to see how many calories I burn with each workout.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what the calendar is like? Can I keep running on this program?

I think depending on your fitness level you can still do some running with the workouts. I don't have the calendar with me at the moment but you do have a workout to do almost every day of the week, but if you have some extra time on your hand you can still do some running. I don't think you'll be over training yourself.

Make sure you get the Gloves that don't come with the workout. It really makes a huge difference