when will I see results?

Options
Okay, two weeks ago I stopped drink pop almost completely (I have one or two a week now, instead of 3 a day). I started working out 30 minutes a day and drinking more water than I have my entire life (I hate water). I was consuming 3300 calories on an average day, with no exercise and since I am an accountant, I don't burn many calories at work. However, I haven't lost even a single pound. When will I start losing weight???? I know that I am just frustrated right now, but since I log every single thing that I eat or drink, and all my exercise, and I am not going over, I don't understand why my body wont kick and and start getting rid of some fat?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    find out what BMR is and eat less than that. i'm not sure, but 3300 sounds like a lot of calories for someone who doesn't exercise.
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you eat about 1300 calories, even without doing anything, you should lose
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    drp - I feel your pain!! :sad: I've been on MFP for two weeks now. I have been within 50 cals of my goal and have exercised each day, and yet the scale and the tape measure have not moved -- not even a little bit! What is going on!? We can be frustrated together. :grumble:
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know that 3300 calories is alot, that is how I gain all this weight. But for the last two weeks, I have cut out my pop, and I have a goal of 1200 calories (which I am normally within 100 of, yesterday was bad). Since I exercise daily, I do consume the calories that I burn, only because MFP adds this to my daily goal... I just want to know when is it that people start seeing results? My ex husband told me for years that if I stopped drinking pop, I would lose weight just from that - well two weeks later, no results? Proved him wrong! lol
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i think maybe you should try something different are you eating healthier food like veggie? lean meat, and chicken breast? or fish? the best fish would be halibuts, salmon, tuna, and rough orange.
    umm... i normally eat 1000 - 1200 and im losing weight. maybe you should try to mix up your work out and eat more of a balance. like at least 2 to 3 hours.

and also are you watching your sodium? and carb? and maybe try checking your sugar. would maybe help :)
  • drp121274
    Options
    i think maybe you should try something different are you eating healthier food like veggie? lean meat, and chicken breast? or fish? the best fish would be halibuts, salmon, tuna, and rough orange.
    umm... i normally eat 1000 - 1200 and im losing weight. maybe you should try to mix up your work out and eat more of a balance. like at least 2 to 3 hours.

and also are you watching your sodium? and carb? and maybe try checking your sugar. would maybe help :)

I am eating alot of veggies, and although it was harder than counting my calories, I do have my carbs under the 165 that MFP suggests. I never add salt to anything, and I do look at the label to keep an eye on soduim. I don't like fish, but I have been able to do tuna (I know it doesn't really count). I eat chicken mainly... Since I am keeping my carbs down, the sugar is really in check also. I eat at 8am, 11:30am, a snack at 3pm, dinner at 6 pm, and a snack at 9pm... normally my bedtime snack is jello or something very light....

I just don't want to give up, and I think I will if I don't see something in the next week....
  • drp121274
    Options
    drp - I feel your pain!! :sad: I've been on MFP for two weeks now. I have been within 50 cals of my goal and have exercised each day, and yet the scale and the tape measure have not moved -- not even a little bit! What is going on!? We can be frustrated together. :grumble:

Maybe our bodies are in complete shock? But mine needs to snap out of it... my brother's wedding is at the end of June and I really need to look good! lol
  • drp121274
    Options
    WOW - eye opener #2 tonight... I didn't realize that you could change which nutrients u track - well I added sodium and sugar.... gee, I might have found my probelm.... so back to the drawing board. I got the calories and carbs under control, now to work on the sugar and soduim! UUUGGGG
  • alissab1113
    alissab1113 Posts: 25
    Options
    Okay, two weeks ago I stopped drink pop almost completely (I have one or two a week now, instead of 3 a day). I started working out 30 minutes a day and drinking more water than I have my entire life (I hate water). I was consuming 3300 calories on an average day, with no exercise and since I am an accountant, I don't burn many calories at work. However, I haven't lost even a single pound. When will I start losing weight???? I know that I am just frustrated right now, but since I log every single thing that I eat or drink, and all my exercise, and I am not going over, I don't understand why my body wont kick and and start getting rid of some fat?

Any suggestions?

HI!! I am havin the same problem. I asked my trainer why I wasnt losing weight, she said it takes about 3-4 weeks for your body to get used to the change. She did my body fat % and I lost 3.99% body fat, gained over 7 pounds of lean muscle and lost over 6 pounds of fat. So I was happy to see those changes. And that was over the past 3 weeks. So hang in there!!! :)

Alissa
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It took me a few weeks to start seeing results, too. I noticed when I didn't exercise the scale would go down and when I did exercise it would go up. It was EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! Some say that when you exercise your muscles retain some water. Don't give up, keep doing what you are doing and soon it will start moving. I am now seeing my scale go down a few ounces every couple days and I've been on MFP for almost 5 weeks. It's frustrating trying to lose weight but in the end it will be well worth it. I think we're just impatient with ourselves. We must remember that, "we didn't gain it overnight and we aren't going to lose it overnight!!" Good luck on your weight loss journey!! :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You tell us you cut back on soda pop, and that you are now exercising for half an hour.... but you don't tell us what else you are eating or how much, or what kind of exercise!

Generally speaking, for me - I see the results of my actions (good or bad) about 2 weeks after they occur - which can be incredibly frustrating at times because I can have a bad week (and don't gain, or actually lose something!) and then I'll have 2 fantastic weeks in a row and then I'll show the gain!

Are you keeping a food & exercise log yet??
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I don't know if it helps you at all but it never comes off me right away. Usually about 3-4 weeks into it, I start to lose weight. Maybe your muscles are holding water? If they're sore, they probably are. The good news is once you start to lose, it will be faster than you can imagine. Just hang in there.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's very frustrating! I also have had the same experience. I do have my not so healthy days but I have changed a lot of my habits and I've added p90x to my workout routine. So I do that, go to the gym 3-4 times a week for cardio and run 10 miles on sundays! The tape measure shows no change and I'm on day 37! I'm still going though. i'm not wearing a tankini this summer!
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just on a sidenote since the OP had some good advice already (hope it helps you *G*)
    find out what BMR is and eat less than that. i'm not sure, but 3300 sounds like a lot of calories for someone who doesn't exercise.

That actually depends on how tall she is and how much she weights PLUS how much she moves. A bigger body needs more calories, logical thing.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

Any suggestions?
    Try cutting back on your sugar. You seem to go over your allotted sugar each day, and that can hinder weight loss. Stay away from sugar other than fruits, and keep high fructose corn syurp as well. If you hate water, add Crystal Lite to it for flavor. :)