Why do i need to enter my weight??

Options
2»

Replies

• raynavee
    Options
    Dropping acid and getting on to a public forum may not be a wise decision...

^^^
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    uhm because you can't know how much you need to eat to maintain, gain, or lose without knowing how much you weigh. What it takes a 200 pound person to lose weight is a lot less then someone who weighs 100 pounds and is trying to lose.
    Also, to lose weight you should do cardio to burn calories and gain endurance to be healthier and help speed up losing fat. and then you should lift and make sure you have a lot of protein to maintain and gain muscle to replace the fat.
    Also, muscle does not weigh more than fat, 1 pound of muscle weighs the same as 1 pound of fat, it's ONE POUND, it's just that if you took 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat, the muscle is smaller it takes up less space, so someone who weights 150 pounds and is 50% body fat will be a much larger size than someone who weighs 150 pounds and has 15% body fat.
    Yes weight isn't the best thing to go off of for health especially if you are in good shape and have a lot of muscle, but if you're trying to lose weight you need to know you weight to know a general range in which to end up in.
  • raynavee
    Options
    uhm because you can't know how much you need to eat to maintain, gain, or lose without knowing how much you weigh. What it takes a 200 pound person to lose weight is a lot less then someone who weighs 100 pounds and is trying to lose.
    Also, to lose weight you should do cardio to burn calories and gain endurance to be healthier and help speed up losing fat. and then you should lift and make sure you have a lot of protein to maintain and gain muscle to replace the fat.
    Also, muscle does not weigh more than fat, 1 pound of muscle weighs the same as 1 pound of fat, it's ONE POUND, it's just that if you took 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat, the muscle is smaller it takes up less space, so someone who weights 150 pounds and is 50% body fat will be a much larger size than someone who weighs 150 pounds and has 15% body fat.
    Yes weight isn't the best thing to go off of for health especially if you are in good shape and have a lot of muscle, but if you're trying to lose weight you need to know you weight to know a general range in which to end up in.

THIS

"if you're trying to lose weight you need to know you weight to know a general range in which to end up in."
    ^ Also, if you're trying to lose weight, how will you know you're losing it without knowing how much you weight?!?!
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!! I swear if I see that 1# of muscle weighs less than 1# of fat one more time, I'm gonna poke myself in the eye!!!! :grumble:
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    if MUSCLE weighs More than FAT

I'd always read that muscle and fat weigh the same, but muscle just takes up less room.
  • epicshapeshift
    Options
    Assuming Munchi isn't a troll (and you really shouldn't assume that based on one post). it's true that there's a lot of self-research she'd have to do on her own in order to get started.
    She's obviously misinformed/uneducated about how this stuff works right now.
    Okay, with that said,
    WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE!
    No one who replied to this thread was born with this knowledge.
    You did your own research first, probably. But don't try to act like you never asked a stupid, obvious question before. It happens when you're introducing yourself to something new.

Good job on giving the impression to a newcomer of how bad a community MFP is. I'm sure you scared her off for life now.
    Feel better about yourselves?
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    trolololoolololol
  • JoshPata
    Options
    Very good way of saying it bro
  • DispatcherLangmaid
    Options
    Best reply Myself2! Thank you
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    eraserhead_zps5b89a071.gif
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!! I swear if I see that 1# of muscle weighs less than 1# of fat one more time, I'm gonna poke myself in the eye!!!! :grumble:

OMG!! YES... THANK YOU!!! A pound is a pound no matter what.. 1 Pound cannot weight more than 1 Pound.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Assuming Munchi isn't a troll (and you really shouldn't assume that based on one post). it's true that there's a lot of self-research she'd have to do on her own in order to get started.
    Okay, with that said,
    WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE!
    You did your own research first, probably. But don't try to act like you never asked a stupid, obvious question before. It happens when you're introducing yourself to something new.

Good job on giving the impression to a newcomer of how bad a community MFP is. I'm sure you scared her off for life now.

I've asked a lot of dumb questions, and ill be the first to admit it. But none of them were even close to that unintelligible. Did the post even make sense to the OP?
  • teamdj1
    teamdj1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Muscle joke: I cant wear a jacket without a concealed weapons license.

Fat joke: I'm in shape Round in shape lol

:bigsmile:

Oooo i thought this was a what ever comes out of your mouth forum. lol :laugh:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

OMG!! YES... THANK YOU!!! A pound is a pound no matter what.. 1 Pound cannot weight more than 1 Pound.

Wait, so you're trying to tell me that muscle DOESN'T weigh more than fat???
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dropping acid and getting on to a public forum may not be a wise decision...

I totally lol'd :laugh:
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Okay, with that said,
    WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE!

I have definitely asked stupid questions before. But it is people like this, if the OP is really a troll, that damages the integrity of being able to ask the stupid questions if you don't have the knowledge. I got a few nasty comments or two in previous posts.

Plus, I think a person should be required to fill out their information before posting a comment. It just makes it look shady.