No Cheat Days Challenge.

Options
Okay starting May 3 through June 3 NO CHEAT DAYS! 1 month of complete dieting. Anyone interested in joining me?

Replies

• amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Define "cheat days." Is it just staying under calories? If that's the case...I'm in. I fell off the wagon over the past 3-4 weeks....and am getting back into gear.
  • Emorriso165
    Emorriso165 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm totally down for this! My cheat days always become cheat weekends and I end up undoing all the work I did during the week! This is exactly what I need!!!
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I am in!!! I fell off the wagon today and need motivation bad
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    I'm in
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    I haven't done a challenge on here before. How do we check in, etc.?
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Okay, everyone, I am excited. I decided this after my cheat day ended up becoming a cheat weekend and I realized that I did not feel good. Feel free to post whatever whenever. I think a lot of us really need motivation and support so that we can change our life styles into something healthy. I really need to just forget sweet and not waste a lot of my time fantasizing about what I am going to eat on my cheat day. I need to focus on healthy foods. I also know that everytime I have a cheat day I have to go through the sugar "withdrawl" all over again. I will try to post everyday. Good luck!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    After the day I had yesterday I am so in. :sad:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    After the day I had yesterday I am so in. :sad:

LOL! That is exactly how I feel!:sad:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Instead of a no cheat day..because it will eventually backfire, why not have a cheat day challenge. You eat healthy for 6 days then challenge yourselves to eat a "cheat meal" and be able to keep it at that...a meal, not a day, not a week. The reason your cheat meals becomes cheat days..and into the weekends is because you're depriving yourself of foods you like, making things "off limts" is creating a horrible setback for yourself because you'll end up binging and feeling like crap. I think with a cheat challenge, you'll be teaching yourself that you can have everything in moderation. I eat clean 98% of the time, and I know speaking for myself alone that an entire month of no cheating will make me want to binge, because i'm now no longer letting myself eat things I enjoy on occasion. The key ladies is everything in moderation. Good luck to those that want to try this out. But the logic just isn't there.
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    I totally understand the "everything in moderation", but is this challenge just to remain at or below your calorie goals for the day, for a month? Because the "cheat foods" can be eaten, in moderation, and figured into your diet without going over calorie intake.

I'm in, if the above is the case. If we are scrutinizing every tiny little thing we consume, I'll pass.

The reason I don't care for a "cheat day", not that I don't do them, but they . . . like others have said . . . run into "cheat dayS" at times. Thats no good.

I'll be checking back, for sure!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Instead of a no cheat day..because it will eventually backfire, why not have a cheat day challenge. You eat healthy for 6 days then challenge yourselves to eat a "cheat meal" and be able to keep it at that...a meal, not a day, not a week. The reason your cheat meals becomes cheat days..and into the weekends is because you're depriving yourself of foods you like, making things "off limts" is creating a horrible setback for yourself because you'll end up binging and feeling like crap. I think with a cheat challenge, you'll be teaching yourself that you can have everything in moderation. I eat clean 98% of the time, and I know speaking for myself alone that an entire month of no cheating will make me want to binge, because i'm now no longer letting myself eat things I enjoy on occasion. The key ladies is everything in moderation. Good luck to those that want to try this out. But the logic just isn't there.

I wholeheartedly agree. When I don't allow myself the treats I really crave occasionally or if I don't allow myself to loosen the reigns now and then, I just SNAP! I was starting to get super crabby with my friends and family and they really didn't deserve that. I've been allowing myself "high calorie days" (about 2000 calories) instead because I just like the term better than "cheat". It is a challenge to keep a cheat/high calorie meal (or day) as just that, but I do think it helps to learn that you can allow yourself treats but also get back into eating clean and not derail everything.

Best of luck to everyone, regardless of how your shape your challenge. Ultimately, you should challenge yourself with what you are truly struggling with and in a way that will help you the most.
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Me. But I'm going to do May 4 to June 4 ,because I really want to excericise extra for some ice cream :)
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    :drinker: This is a challenge for to to do what you want with it. For a month I plan on eating absolutely healthy. I don't really mind what anyone does. I know that some of us have weekly cheat days that mess us up. Whenever I am dieting and I cheat it always turns into a couple days or more and the longer I cheat the harder it is to getback on track. I hope everyone does well. :drinker:
  • beasy22
    beasy22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've suffered a cheat weekend and feeling extremely down about it so I'm def in...

I'm up for the challenge !

1 month - lets get healthy!

Sx