Labrada Lean Body Challenge!

Options
Hey all! I'm about to embark on the Lean Body Challenge by Labrada Nutrition and I'm looking for fellow "competitors" :)

The basics: A 12 week challenge where you submit before pictures by JANUARY 7. You then have 12 weeks to turn into the best you can possibly be. The challenge isn't about who can lose the most weight... it's about who can demonstrate the largest improvement in their overall fitness, so anyone can win! As much as I'd love to stay hush-hush about it to increase my chances of winning...hehe... I think it would be incredibly helpful to have some friends to do it with. I plan on creating a Facebook group page for additional support and resources, etc.

Here's the link: http://www.labrada.com/leanbodychallenge

Who's with me?

Replies

• Melarie59
    Options
    Good for you wanting to be a good role model for your patients! I started this program today...I won't be entering the competition, but I will cheer you on! I have 15 pounds I would like to lose and want to tone up before my 30th wedding anniversary trip to Costa Rica the end of Feb! ( thinking it will be tough to do the program that week!) I am also training for a sprint triathlon in March.

As you can tell, I am much older than you ( about twice your age...when did that happen?!)..so probably don't have a lot in common..but I am happy to check in and see how you're doing!

Good luck! (PS I do have before pictures here at home...but I won't be posting them..too scary for public viewing!) Maybe the afters if they are worthy enough!

I hope you get more fellow competitors!

ML :)
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm uploading my pictures tonight! I'm sending a friend request so we can support each other.
  • VegKellyRN
    VegKellyRN Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great! Accepted!
  • mbastuk
    mbastuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Lean Body Challenge too...2nd time through after I lost alot of weight in 2010 but put it back on over the past two years. I started a "group" here on MFP

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10842-labrada-lean-body-challenge-2013

Also, they started a Facebook page for the Challenge this year where you can ask questions of past winners and trainers

https://www.facebook.com/LabradaLeanBodyChallenge?fref=ts

Mike
  • mbastuk
    Options
    They extended the registration from Jan 7th to Jan 21st....let's get more people signed up!!
  • VegKellyRN
    VegKellyRN Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Thank you, Mike!
  • clairebearmcgill
    clairebearmcgill Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too! Lots of weights - argh, I'm not strong! And my willpower with food is scary!
    Add me as a friend one and all!
  • mbastuk
    Options
    I hear ya on the weights...when I did the Challenge in 2011, I just basically watched my diet and did alot of running - lost weight but looked nothing like the winners of the challenge....so I'm trying to get "pumped" up! But I go to the gym and watch the big boys move ALOT of weight and I feel like a weakling.

One other suggestion - I bought some Bodylastics exercise bands - using those at home and when I'm travelling. Slowly building up at home so I don't look so bad at the gym ;-)
  • mbastuk
    Options
    BTW, I started a LBC group - never used a group before on MFP (for that matter, I have don't much posting here even though I used the site for 5 yrs)
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Glad to see some more folks here! I'm midway through week 3. I love the workout regimen and lifting weights. I suck at the nutrition part :(

I'm looking forward to supporting you all and cheering you on toward your fitness goals!