Dunkin dontuts?!?

Options

Replies

• iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    unsweetened raspberry iced tea...very tasty.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Dunkin regular coffee with one splenda in it. I can't stand starbucks.
  • iffy8
    iffy8 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thank you to the people who offered actual suggestions! I'm going to try the skim milk and Splenda. If not then I'm back to blue Monsters.

To everyone else: I didn't ask for your opinion on the subject nor on your opinion of "chains". If you took the time to comment you should've taken the time to see I signed up just a couple days ago. I was not aware of how frivolous my question would seem to you. But it's noted not to ask questions on this board. Thanks.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I miss their milky way hot chocolate...wish they'd bring it back.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I lived in New England and I live in the southwest and I too love Dunkin' Donuts. Oh yeah, and watch it. If you have a question on here people will just bash you for it because they deem nearly any question as a stupid one. Unless it's, "Should I lift heavy?" or "Bacon? lol Bacon jokes lol BACON do you bacon? LOLOLOL Funny bacon".

Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the people who offered actual suggestions! I'm going to try the skim milk and Splenda. If not then I'm back to blue Monsters.

To everyone else: I didn't ask for your opinion on the subject nor on your opinion of "chains". If you took the time to comment you should've taken the time to see I signed up just a couple days ago. I was not aware of how frivolous my question would seem to you. But it's noted not to ask questions on this board. Thanks.
    Now I feel guilty about my don't uts post except don't really is what I have to tell myself when I want a box of DD donut holes which average 60 to 70 calories each!
    I'm a hot coffee lover. I used to use sweetener & fat free half & half. The I realized the 1/2 & 1/2 was loaded with sugar. I weaned myself from the sweetener & increased my creamer using almond milk or 2%. I drink skim alone, but for my coffee, I like something creamier. Latte I would go skim because it contains such a large proportion of milk.
    My point is, take it one step at a time & you won't miss your former necessities as your taste acclimates.
    Good luck!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Well, since you don't want opinions, just information, allow me to direct you here: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/nutrition/nutrition_catalog.html?nutrition_catalog_needType=Drinks

Oh look, I can be a smartass too.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things about traveling for work to the Boston area is the SCADS of Dunkin Donuts out there. :love:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I usually go with coffee with nonfat milk and splenda. But I actually like nonfat milk.
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I go every morning for an iced coffee with skim milk only...YUM.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Switch to milk and get less. Ask for sweetener and all the flavor shots are sugar free. Well, they were when I worked there in 2007. You may want to ask.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Good, quality coffee aught not be destroyed with added ingredients. I am all for black coffee!! Sometimes, when I want something sweet, I will put some milk and molasses in my coffee, but that is like once or twice a year. Used to use heavy cream, but always got indigestion. But, black coffee is the way to go! DD has good coffee that you can buy and brew, BTW... And, you can get a coffee maker that is timed, so that you have your coffee ready to go when you wake up...
  • wluck
    wluck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to love DD too. And I was always getting my iced coffee with extra sugar and extra cream. If you're used to that taste, you might be grossed out switching to skim milk right away. The taste is drastically different from cream. I would suggest getting your iced coffee w/ milk and extra sugar for a week, then switching to just milk and sugar, and then moving onto skim milk. That way you gradually adjust yourself to skim milk (because trust me, skim milk in coffee will taste disgusting if you're used to cream)
  • pink_ribbon_1
    pink_ribbon_1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Agree...you get used to black coffee quickly.
  • Maliadarling
    Maliadarling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee black......you could also try those sugar free flavoring syrups and try milk instead of cream.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Try getting your drinks half sweet :). Then adjust with splenda to get it to the sweetness you like. I like doing this because you still get the taste and (mostly) full flavor for half the cals. If you can keep check on the fats you eat throughout the day, I'd say stick with the cream.. Its only one coffee a day.

I've been doing this trick for a while because I LOVE their pumpkin coffee, but have had to modify it to cut back on the sugar
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The only stupid questions are the ones not asked!! Frivolous too!! Keep asking just grow some thick skin! There are some nice and supportive people here. Just stay away from the dark side!! LOL

To your question, I avoid the daily coffee shop. DD died in Memphis years ago but has recently been resurrected. I am already hooked on StarBucks so too late for DD. I have decided to restrict myself to special occasions. I dont want a gourmet coffee without the good stuff so I splurge every so often instead of daily. I can afford the money but I cant afford the calories!! YIKES!!

Good luck! Dont let anyone on here get to you! Just laugh them off and keep annoying them with frivolous questions!!
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anyone mentioned this but have you thought about iced black coffee? :-)
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    Oh my god I am so bad when I go to Dunkin. I can never be good, I always have to get something fattening lol!! I love donuts way too much. I have to just abstain. Sorry I'm no help lol