Foods that decrease bloating???

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I need help! I gained 3lbs over the weekend from sodium. I need to get rid of it! Any foods you recommend??? I'm drinking a ton of water. Thanks!

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Great question! ~waiting~
  • arsec4
    arsec4 Posts: 22
    Options
    I only have a couple of tips, but maybe they will help! :)

1) No Salt with Potassium-tastes like salt without the sodium!

2) For any spaghetti dishes, substitute spinach noodles instead of white enriched or wheat noodles. A lot less bloating!
  • lelesmama
    lelesmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is a major diuretic! I use it when I'm in my last month of pregnancy to hold off some of the swelling.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Cucumber is a good for water retention, also green or white tea with nothing added. :smile:

151232.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Try some cider vinegar. A teaspoon in a glass of water a day works for me!
  • BoSox0407
    BoSox0407 Posts: 9
    Options
    I only have a couple of tips, but maybe they will help! :)

1) No Salt with Potassium-tastes like salt without the sodium!

2) For any spaghetti dishes, substitute spinach noodles instead of white enriched or wheat noodles. A lot less bloating!

OOOooohhhh SPINACH noodles?!?! I've always wanted to find a healthier subsitute for pasta but can't stand the taste of whole wheat noodles.....i never thought of spinach noodles! Where can you find this? The only thing I can think of are the tri-color twisty noodles........I'll have to check out the "healthy" corner of Stop & Shop next time i go over by the bakery. Thanks for the tip!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    my co-worker dringks something called "Sassy Water" that she claims helps with bloating. She got it from the "flat belly diet guy". Anyway it is water infused with ginger, mint, and cucumber. I tried some and did not care for it, but she claims it does the trick! I myself just stick with tons of good 'ol water.
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Cranberry juice!