Weighing Meat

Options
2»

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    you really only need to weigh meat though, right? I use measuring cups for things and then convert it into oz if I have to
    If the package shows a weight per serving, I always weigh it. When I use a measuring cup, I find it too subjective. I lean towards it being a HEAPING cup of whatever. I know it's not much, but imo it adds up after a while. Where as 87 grams is 87 grams.

I still measure everything very carefully since I had a *very* inflated view of a serving size when I was 300+ lbs.

To the OP, I measure my meats raw. As others said, I don't think it matters as long as you do it the same way every time.
  • HopeAnchorstheSoul
    HopeAnchorstheSoul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always weigh meat after it's cooked. The serving size is what you would eat and I wouldn't eat raw meat so.... that's just my logic and I'm stickin with it ;)
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Coooked
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    The nutritional information on the packaging I've seen lists a raw and cooked value. Tonights chicken listed a serving as 4oz (112g) raw/ 3oz (84g) cooked. Both were listed as having 120 calories.
    And why it should be weighed raw, unless otherwise stated. Protein and effectively calories don't disappear when the meat is cooked.