Trader Joes Baby!

Options
I just went to their website to see which one of the Trader Joes is closest to where I live ( which is in Richmond VA), and guess what? under "coming soon" Richmond Virginia. Woo Hoo! I can't be more excited!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Can you tell that I'm excited?

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just went to their website to see which one of the Trader Joes is closest to where I live ( which is in Richmond VA), and guess what? under "coming soon" Richmond Virginia. Woo Hoo! I can't be more excited!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Can you tell that I'm excited?
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    We have been trying to get one in our town for awhile...your so lucky :tongue:
    I WANT A TRADER JOE'S TOO HAHAHAH!!!
    and a Whole foods would be nice as well :bigsmile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    We have been trying to get one in our town for awhile...your so lucky :tongue:
    I WANT A TRADER JOE'S TOO HAHAHAH!!!
    and a Whole foods would be nice as well :bigsmile:

The crazy thing is ...Whole Foods is going to open in the shopping center next to where the TJ's is opening......I couldn't be happier!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    LUCKY DUCK!!!!! My brown eyes are turning green over here...
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    We are getting a Trader Joes here soon! What's good there? :flowerforyou:
  • espritbonne
    espritbonne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Don't get me staaah-ted. What's NOT good at Trader Joes? My family is addicted to that store. Their frozen lime pops for one thing. Mmmm. And their PRICES! We live in Burbank, CA just outside Los Angeles, and the cost of milk and eggs here in the regular grocery stores is outrageous. But at TJ's it's always nearly 2.00 per gallon cheaper for skim milk, and eggs maybe a dollar or so less per dozen than in regular grocery stores. The TJs I went to back in Virginia when I lived in the Fairfax area didn't have too many fresh salads, back then (2000-2004) but maybe now they do. Here in LA they have an array of salads that are awesome, prepackaged fresh and in the refrigerator aisle. you just add the dressing that's in the package and toss them in a bowl. I love the Pasadena salad best of all. I love their pastas, especially the lemon basil fettucine, and their delicious sauces. Yummy deli things, too. Haven't seen the rosemary ham for a while, but it's really yummy. They have organic ginger snaps that my family goes crazy over, and just lots and lots of healthy, delicous, but low priced foods. So glad you're getting one in Richmond! We lived near Charlottesville for a few years also, and we wrote & begged the company to build one there but they refused to build any more south in VA until they could get a distribution center built down there so they wouldn't have to risk the freshness of the products. That's one thing - a lot of items don't have preservatives, so you'll wanna be sure and buy just what you need. While living in the Charlottesville area we used to make "TJ runs" up to the TJs in Centreville, almost 2 hours one way, and buy for dozens of friends of ours too, everyone who'd moved to Charlottesville from the DC area needed their TJ "fixes" every few weeks. Now they'll just run over to Richmond I guess. Yay. Anyway, lots of delicious frozen entrees, too. And refrigerated meals already seasoned and ready to pop in the oven similar to the way Costco does things. Only at TJs you don't have to buy enough to feed a dozen people like you would at Costco. I love Costco too, but so often I wish I could buy just half of the salmon in that pack, or just 1/4 of the strawberries. But that's why it's cheap - since it's in bulk I guess. A friend of mine who drives a tiny sports car told me she bought a couple of packages of toilet paper at Costco one time and had to put the top down on her sports car and "show off " her TP to everyone as she drove home. :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I :love: Trader Joes!! I get a lot of my staples there......makes it REALLY easy to stick to a healthier lifestyle with their fun choices!!

I have a Whole Foods nearby too but I tend to got to Trader Joes more often. (Plus they give my son a balloon every time!! :laugh: :laugh: )