Over age 50, Over 100 lbs to go, day 1.

Options
its a new day toward a new me! Wanna join me and be friends for support? I'm 54, and 273 lbs. My healthy weight goal is somewhere in the 150 range. My fitness goal is to be able to keep up with my 3 grandchildren (one is 1 yr old, one is 4 months old, and one is due in July). I love to dance and used to be a disco diva. Also taught aerobics back in the day. Lotta mileage and wear and tear since then. That's behind me and I survived so by golly its time to clean up my act, break bad habits, and get back to being me! Wanna join me? Let's have some fun keeping each other inspired!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!, anyone can add me!
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your fitness goals!! Good luck on your journey. Add me if you want. I am always looking for friends to inspire or to inspire me.
  • eatright2013
    eatright2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to join up with you so that we can motivate each other. I have around 75 pounds to lose and have 8 grandchildren that I would like to be able to keep up with. All but 1 of them are under 9 years old.
  • nondomesticgoddess
    nondomesticgoddess Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Tx! Congrats on finding this site and seeking out others to help you stay motivated! I'm 47 and have around 65 more pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like - I'm always looking for others who are positive and motivated to help me stay on track as well.
  • wontok07
    Options
    I am 43 and I am trying to loose 70 pounds by July. I could really use motivation. Add me if you would like
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    good luck!!... you can do this add me if you like..
  • EmDVM
    EmDVM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl! You can add me - I'm always looking for motivation and inspiration :)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wishing you great success in your journey to a healthier life:)

Add me:)
  • cynthia53162
    cynthia53162 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have a lot to lose. I would like to lose about 90 to 95 pounds. I am 50 and also have 3 grandchildren. Anyone can add me as a friend.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just started on Jan 6/2013. I will be 60 years old on Jan 26th. iI am working on losing 90 lbs and have 79 lbs to go.you can add me if you like. MFP is a great place to be for motivation and support.
  • mefit2013
    mefit2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight goal is also 150. I am 66 but have not given up on staying healthy. You can add me if you like.
  • mefit2013
    mefit2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a grandmother of 10 trying to reach my weight goal so I can enjoy them for a long time. You can add me if you like.
  • tx1angel
    Options
    Thank you. I added you as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also am a new grandmother on the journey to a healthy weight!
    I wish you the best; and have sent a friend request.
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's a struggle for me and I just started, but will be worth it all in the end!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will do fabulous =)