Happy Welsh Valentines Day!

Options
Today is Dydd Santes Dwynwen in Wales (my home country) which is the equivalent of Valentine's Day.

It's not exactly the most cheery of folklores:

Dwynwen met a man named Maelon, and they fell in love. However Dwynwen disliked Maelon's attitude towards sleeping together, as she wished to keep her virtue until after marriage but he wanted them to sleep together. She told him this, but this enraged Maelon so much that he attacked and raped her. Dwynwen fled to the woods, distraught. There an angel gave her a magic potion that cooled her love for Maelon (it in fact cooled it too much, as he was turned into a block of ice). It also gave her three wishes. Dwynwen wished that she would never marry, and that she would become the patron saint of lovers to console others through sadness and love. She used the last wish (although some sources say this was her first) to get Maelon unfrozen.

So, to lighten the mood and in keeping with loving, tell me one thing you're loving about your new, fitter lifestyle?

Replies

• titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am loving how much easier it is to move around in general....getting up, moving round, walking more...just the whole movement thing. Happy WV Day too. ;-)
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm loving that even in 2 weeks my jeans are looser, my fingers are skinnier (where I lose weight first) and I'm not having any problems sticking to a lower calorie intake.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    That is a very interesting story.Did Dwynwen and Maelon get back together in the end ?

As for the question, i am getting a ton of compliments these days which feels nice.

Happy Valentines Day to you too Op:flowerforyou:
  • jericenkins
    Options
    That is a very interesting story.Did Dwynwen and Maelon get back together in the end ?

As for the question, i am getting a ton of compliments these days which feels nice.

Thank you :3

Nope, Dwynwen stayed single and unmarried so that she could act as a comfort to anyone in heartbreak or love :) Poor Dwynwen, all because she wanted to wait until she was married!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Thank you :3

Nope, Dwynwen stayed single and unmarried so that she could act as a comfort to anyone in heartbreak or love :) Poor Dwynwen, all because she wanted to wait until she was married!

Be promiscuous. Lesson learned.

Don't mind me I hate Valentine's Day with a passion.

But I do love fitting into my skinny jeans again.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bore da pawb!

I'm loving not hating myself any more. Whoomp, there it is.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Bore da pawb!

How would you feel about yourself if you had to spend all eternity with whiny jilted lovers crying on your immortal shoulder and never getting any, though? I feel sorry for that chick. I swear, women in mythology always have the crappiest things happen to them. Stupid myth writers.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bore da pawb!

How would you feel about yourself if you had to spend all eternity with whiny jilted lovers crying on your immortal shoulder and never getting any, though? I feel sorry for that chick. I swear, women in mythology always have the crappiest things happen to them. Stupid myth writers.

True, innit? MTFU.