I want to cry and pack it all in so not fair

Options

Replies

• MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It just took my scale 23 days to move a single pound. Drink some water and keep going.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Just keep going... make sure you're eating enough - if you keep your healthy habits up it will happen, but not overnight... but it WILL happen!
    That's what I say. Watch out for the broscience pushers. Common sense wins.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    1. DON'T GIVE UP.
    2. Listen to Dan.
    3. Nice polka-dot socks!

I had to look at the socks first so I could say that I agree with all three of these! Dan knows! :smile:
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    2lbs really isnt that big a deal..it could be for any number of reasons ..maybe water being retained if you are not drinking enough and had too much sodium ..dont give up ..keep on track with your goals and move forward ,not back . holy moly i cant even think the amount of times ive stepped on the scale and saw it climb up a lb or two ..ive lost 80lbs so far
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't get upset. I know last thing you want to hear. My Story every morning I got up I'm a scale addict I would be up .4, .8, .2. For 9 days this went on. The plateau is no joke. Well a finesspal friend suggested I was cutting my fat too low and to cut some of my carbs. example only 10 fat and 168 carbs a day. Now I eat a little less then the recommended fat and cut the carbs by 15 (try). Well on the 10th day the scale moved again. It will happen don't give up!!! If I can do it so can you. I was also working out like crazy. I was told you have to gain muscle to burn the fat. Just think of it as a positive thing. Also just for me on the days I burn 1300-1500 calories in working out the scale was never my friend. So I tend to believe they were right about the muscle.

Okay now I'm rambling but I just want to help. My hubby measured me so I wouldn't lose motivation. I lost 4 inches on my waist and 1.5 on my hips. If you need a boost check the tape. It doesn't lie.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    If we all remember the scale is just a tool we'll all remain sane:tongue: How does your body feel? Stronger? More energetic? How do you clothes feel?

So many more factors than simply using the scale... great thread on here recently on this very topic, off to the gym now or I'd do a search for it. I'll see what I can find when I get back.

Hang in there, gaining 2 lbs? Definitely not worth quitting over:wink: There could be a zillion reasons your scale told you that... but when it comes down to it, the best way to check out progress is the tape measure and knowing you're doing the best you can. Eating healthy foods, eating enough, working out and taking a rest day... like I said, so many factors.

Come on now, shake it off and have a great day knowing you've done what you've needed to and move on from there.

Scales =:devil: :laugh:
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! The scale doesn't always tell the full story. I lost fine just cutting calories but seemed to stall or even gain slightly when I first started working out. Most likely your body is holding on to water. Just keep doing the things that you know will work, and the weight loss will come. Sometimes, I would lose a pound a week steadily, then stall for three weeks only to have a 3 pound loss the next week. If you're not eating back your exercise calories (and they're not incorporated into your activity level), you may want to try eating at least half. I did actually experience the eat more/lose more phenomenon after a plateau.
  • LoisJeanella
    LoisJeanella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are not eating enough, your body starts to recognize the weight loss as "starvation mode" and starts taking steps to protect you from that eventuality. Upping your intake is probably a good idea!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    WE all have those weeks. You may be retaining water. Being a female BLOWS in this journey. Is it your time of the month? Drink lots of water and weigh yourself again in 3-4 days. Don't let this bother you too much :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Agree with other people to increase your calorie intake. I just broke a 5 week plateau by increasing from 1450 cals to 1600 cals. It seemed like a lot at first but I feel so much better, and I lost 2lbs. Also, I know that when I did 30 Day Shred every day, I didn't lose much weight but I lost a lot of inches. Take measurements!
  • darmcc1234
    darmcc1234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same, watched everything I eat, and gained a lb, dammmm
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Those weight bounces are getting me down, too. I seem to be losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds from week to week.
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It could be water retention, hormones, time of month...

For me, my weight DEFINITELY fluctuates at least that much when I'm near that time... so if you are, it could be that.
  • katisere
    katisere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you havent exercised much before maybe its muscle, how long have you been working out for?

No it's not muscle.

How much are you eating and what sort of exercise are you doing?

It is most likely water weight Body weight naturally fluctuates day to day. If you are eating at a deficit you'll still be losing fat so dont let the scale discourage you.

I am eating around 1200 calories a day, and some days I might eat back about 100 of calories burnt. I do 30 days shred and walking almost everyday. I have noticed my legs are more toned and can see the muscles defining more in my legs. I drink about 2L of water a day.

You dont know what you are doing.

Do this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

PM me any Qs.

PS: my body fluctuates up to 9lbs per day due to fluid and eating habits.
    My body weight drops every week while cutting.

This is proof that 1200 cals doesnt work if you dont know what you are doing.

Thanks fo much for this advice, I had just worked out I was under eating so much. I have calculated my TDEE and I have updated my settings on MFP and it has took me up to 1587 calories a day. I'm going to stash my scales for a few weeks to let my body reset and adjust. Thanks once again your post and advice is really appreciated
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    If you havent exercised much before maybe its muscle, how long have you been working out for?

No it's not muscle.

How much are you eating and what sort of exercise are you doing?

It is most likely water weight Body weight naturally fluctuates day to day. If you are eating at a deficit you'll still be losing fat so dont let the scale discourage you.

I am eating around 1200 calories a day, and some days I might eat back about 100 of calories burnt. I do 30 days shred and walking almost everyday. I have noticed my legs are more toned and can see the muscles defining more in my legs. I drink about 2L of water a day.

You dont know what you are doing.

Do this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

PM me any Qs.

PS: my body fluctuates up to 9lbs per day due to fluid and eating habits.
    My body weight drops every week while cutting.

This is proof that 1200 cals doesnt work if you dont know what you are doing.

Yes listen to dan
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Dude. It's one weigh in. Chill.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I felt the same. I had reduced cals to 1200 and started working out and I GAINED! Some pros suggested I up my intake so I changed my goal to 1 lb a week from 2lb a week. I totally didnt think it would work but I lost the 5 lbs I gain plus one in about a week! If you dont have a huge amount to lose then 1 lb a week is better for you I think. It worked for me anyway. Also, we are women and we hold more water than men. I can gain/lose in a day. Keep your head up! you are beautiful!

This^^ Completely agree.
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself at the same time everyday? It's best to do it in the morning before you eat and after you use the restroom.
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If you give up now you will only regret it later when you step back on the scale and the gain is more. Just hang in there.
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    I am on level 2 of 30 days shred and been walking loads too. I think I may up my food intake, I don't think I have been eating enough. Might raise it to 1500 a day from 1200 and see how I get on doing that.
    Its just so frustrating I thought I would have lost 2lbs not gained. Arrrghhhh this process is really confusing

I gained weight during the 30 Day Shred too, but how do your clothes feel? I would rather have extra lean muscle. I would definately up your calories and don't be so hard on yourself. Never stress out till you haven't lost anything in 6 weeks. Then it is time to revamp your food and workouts. happy Shredding!!!!