Which Zumba to try

Options
I would love to try zumba, but I don't know if I should get the DVD set or the XBOX 360 version. Does anyone have a preferences or advice on which is better?

Replies

• lindseym18
    Options
    I've never tried the XBOX version but I must say I love the dvd's! They're so fun, and they have quite a few of them. One of them teaches you all the steps, which is very helpful when starting out. I love the cardio party DVD and I do the 20-minute express DVD when I'm short on time for working out.
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have it for the WII so I am guessing it would be the same for Xbox. I love Zumba!!! I have done the DVD's also and I rather the one for the Wii. It keeps you accountable for the movements. DVD's do not track how well you are keeping up. I am a competitive person so I want all 5 stars when I play. LOL But both are great!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have it on the Wii, but I'm sure they're all pretty similiar.

I started with it on the Wii but now I go to live classes....I love it so much! And I'm still not perfect, but it's fun and burns a lot of calories.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I will recommend attending a live zumba class, if that is an option.
  • Votrvoman
    Votrvoman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had the same question, but I have 0 money to spend, so I pieced together a 44 minute workout on you tube from my favorite little videos. I did it for the first time last night and it was so much fun! Feel free to try it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1OwBmKIzr4&list=PLsIhJAyGP4_-4LMMKSzxCzMF8fLHKRInY
  • LisaK1228
    Options
    There is nothing like a live Zumba class. If you can't make it to a class, I recommend finding video's on youtube rather than spending the money on the games for the Wii or Xbox. I have the first one for the Wii and it did absolutely nothing for me but hurt my knees. At a live class you can burn anywhere from 700-1000 cals in an hour. With the game, I was lucky to burn 250!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    They are all very similar.
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    I have the xbox version and while it is really neat I would probably go for the DVDs instead. Its really frustrating when the Kinect doesn't pick up your movements. And in the cool down there is a lot of stretching that the game seems to think you should still be shaking it hard for. I hate seeing the red knowing that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!
  • fungirl1234
    Options
    you might need to get another one for the xbox the company might need to look at but explain whats wrong with and other than that id go for a class or the xbox to keep you accountable for the moves
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs and I love them. I find they work better for me because I can't do some moves because of injury and arthritis so I can just march or do a modified version of those dance moves. Whether I do 5 minutes or half an hour I always feel like I've done something. :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have the xbox version and while it is really neat I would probably go for the DVDs instead. Its really frustrating when the Kinect doesn't pick up your movements. And in the cool down there is a lot of stretching that the game seems to think you should still be shaking it hard for. I hate seeing the red knowing that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

The Wii has the same problem. For the cool down, I can sometimes get it to recognize me just by tapping my heels, but that might be because my hip fat jiggles.