Weird Q

Options
As strange as this is, it is hard to describe. Not sure if it is relative to weight loss or not, but has anyone ever got a kind of twitching in their tummy?

It's like a little flutter, no pain.

I have googled some, and I am to the doctor tomorrow evening.

But I would like to hear opinions from real life people - have you heard of anything related to this and what is it?

Thanks!

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are male or female... if you are female is there a chance you could be pregnant? A flutter is commonly felt in the earlier stages of pregnancy.

I would imagine it could also be something to do with a nerve or digestion as well but I"m not sure.

Side note, never use Google for medical advice or information. While there is a lot of great info online it can just freak you out more than helping.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Yeah..I know what you're talking about. Its a weird little feeling, but seems to be pretty much nothing. And no,.I'm not pregnant...haven't seen any wise men or shepherds hanging around....
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It is a pretty intense feeling. You are so right about google, it has scared me more than helped!! ha ha, hopefully it is not serious anyway and I doubt I am pregnant very much.

PS I am female

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    As strange as this is, it is hard to describe. Not sure if it is relative to weight loss or not, but has anyone ever got a kind of twitching in their tummy?

It's like a little flutter, no pain.

I have googled some, and I am to the doctor tomorrow evening.

But I would like to hear opinions from real life people - have you heard of anything related to this and what is it?

Thanks!

i just went through this. turned out i'm lactose intolerant. a few years ago i started having issues with milk not agreeing with me. now it's full blown intolerance. i was experiencing pain but not when i was having the fluttering sensations. oh and my doctor said it could have also been brought on (the fluttering) by stress because just before they started hubby was laid off and this was right after thanksgiving. oh i wasn't pregnant either. the fluttering did go away. good luck.

oh one other little tid bit of information my doctor first thought it was a glucose allergy but thankfully it wasn't. she did run blood tests and kidneys, liver, all that stuff was normal.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I get this occasionally, especially after an abs workout. For me, it's a muscle spasm. And it feels VERY strange.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    And no,.I'm not pregnant...haven't seen any wise men or shepherds hanging around....

bwahahaha... they're not hanging out at your house either?
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I get those on occasion, for me they turned out to just be lack of some nutrient in my diet (like when you eye twitches you're lacking potassium)... so don't freak out until you know what it is! :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've had it happen quite a bit. I even mentioned once to my husband that if I didn't know better I would have thought there was a baby kicking around in there (I've got 2 kids, so I know the feeling). I just chalk it up a twitchy muscles. My arms and legs do it occasionally too.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Twitchy muscles or gas bubbles moving around, I'd say. I get that feeling too. (I've taken pregnancy tests just in case, thinking my iud has failed).