thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Why have did you NOT use the search? .

this hurts my brain

I read it at least 7 times.... seeesh!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i get the Dynmatize Gourmet Elite whey and casein ..i purchase two 5lb tubs for 71.00 and free shipping where i get it online. each tub serves i believe 72 servings . thats less than .50 a serving . i typically use it as a shake and put in frozen fruit. sometimes i put a half a scoop in oatmeal . you dont have to have a shake to lose weight . for me it helps me with diversity because i get tired of eating meat . im a weight lifter so i like extra protein . its a convienient meal though ..quick ,tasty and inexpensive with shakeology they tell you its only 1.50 a meal but they don't take in to consideration the cost of what you put in it . its the stuff you put in it that adds the flavor in my opinion ,anyway
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was given some free samples of Shakeology. I liked most of what I tried, but the vegan versions were awful (SO grainy). I think that was just the difference between the whey and brown rice protein powder. I have no desire to drink my meals though. I do drink protein powder each day, but I get a cheaper and lower calorie version at my local grocery store.

My sister works in a busy doctor's office and often doesn't get much time for lunch. She often likes Shakeology for lunch because it's quick and easy and she can finish on the job if needed.
  • emchandler26
    Options
    Shakeology is where it's at! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I contribute my 30 lb weight loss (over a year!) to my hard work from TurboFire paired with Shakeology for breakfast every day! I broke it down to a shake that is $3/day and no longer purchased the coffee I used to drink and the poor food/drinks I used to buy from vending machines at work. If I didn't cut it out there, I cut it out from the fast food I used to sporadically eat. I made it work for me and I can't deny, the chocolate regular and chocolate vegan is ahh-mazing. 70+ ingredients in one and all your servings of fruits & vegetables never tasted so good.

Cheers to shake drinking of whatever shake of your choice!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is where it's at! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I contribute my 30 lb weight loss (over a year!) to my hard work from TurboFire paired with Shakeology for breakfast every day! I broke it down to a shake that is $3/day and no longer purchased the coffee I used to drink and the poor food/drinks I used to buy from vending machines at work. If I didn't cut it out there, I cut it out from the fast food I used to sporadically eat. I made it work for me and I can't deny, the chocolate regular and chocolate vegan is ahh-mazing. 70+ ingredients in one and all your servings of fruits & vegetables never tasted so good.

So, cutting your poor food choices (and consequently calories), wasn't sufficient? It was the fact that you added the Shakeology that made you successful?

Sounds legit...
  • emchandler26
    Options

So, cutting your poor food choices (and consequently calories), wasn't sufficient? It was the fact that you added the Shakeology that made you successful?

Sounds legit...

Correct. I wanted to start somewhere. I clearly wasn't one for eating healthy for every single meal. Adding Shakeology clearly was one of the choices I made in order to work towards a healthier lifestyle.

Sounds very legit...
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    33735373.jpg

LOL, they're here.......

I would say no you don't need shakeology. You can take the amount of $$ you use for that daily coffee that they claim and use it to buy some eggs or a tub of cheaper protein and some more real foods. $100 per month is really steep for me. I'd rather buy clean foods and work my way from there with $100 per month.. and nope there is nothing I pay for $3-$4 per day for.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The only people who will tell you that you need Shakeology sell Shakeology.

Bingo
  • Azaelia11
    Options
    I tried one when my friend ordered some, but I think making your own shakes by buying just plain whey protein powder with whatever qualifications you need for it + adding anything you want to it, is a mega bonus. Plus i found my home made shakes, made me feel fuller longer and they tasted better.
  • AshleyG1983
    Options
    Bought it. Almost through my 1st week. I don't know how anyone can drink it and say this stuff is amazing and yummy. I have to guzzle it through a straw just to get it down. I think it's safe to say I won't be buying any more of it after I'm done with my supply! LOL It does seem to be doing what it says though. I definitely feel a difference. That's just my two cents. LOL
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I've been trying to find out what people think about all the Shakeology flavors and was googling for a comparative poll showing the popularity of each flavor. I couldn't find any so I went ahead and ordered the chocolate flavor anyway.

In the meantime, I created a poll on my blog trying to gather people's votes about what their favorite flavors are hoping that this could help others make future decision.

For those of you who've tried or are are using Shakeology, could you please cast your vote there? The poll is near the middle of the post:

http://www.fearlessleefit.com/nutrition/supplements/experimenting-with-shakeology/

Thanks so much!!

Cheers!
    Al
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find out what people think about all the Shakeology flavors and was googling for a comparative poll showing the popularity of each flavor. I couldn't find any so I went ahead and ordered the chocolate flavor anyway.

In the meantime, I created a poll on my blog trying to gather people's votes about what their favorite flavors are hoping that this could help others make future decision.

For those of you who've tried or are are using Shakeology, could you please cast your vote there? The poll is near the middle of the post:

http://www.fearlessleefit.com/nutrition/supplements/experimenting-with-shakeology/

Thanks so much!!

Cheers!
    Al

Seriously? Why not just contact a beach body coach, get 1 or 2 samples of each flavor, try them yourself and go from there?
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Or is it more beneficial to take that $100/mth and put it towards fruit/veggies?"

I get what you're saying. $100 a month is pretty high for people on a limited budget.

The way my husband and I are thinking about it is that what is in Shakeology is about $41 worth of fruits and veggies in one day's shake. Many people believe that Shakeology is a protein shake, but if they do their research, they will find that it does give you protein, but it also gives you much more than just protein.

We also believe that $100 a month for each of us is high, but our overall health is worth it.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options

Thanks so much!!

Cheers!
    Al

Seriously? Why not just contact a beach body coach, get 1 or 2 samples of each flavor, try them yourself and go from there?

I did end up ordering it myself but I haven't and can't try them all. The intent is to have a single comparative poll showing the popularity of all flavors in one view. I don't think BB or anyone has something like this on their sites.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Thanks so much!!

Cheers!
    Al

Because he is a Beachbody coach......
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The way my husband and I are thinking about it is that what is in Shakeology is about $41 worth of fruits and veggies in one day's shake
    Well, that's a testable claim I don't believe. Even if true, It's a lot cheaper to get whey protein and a multi-vitamin.
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    $100 a month? I'm pretty sure I can get some good multivitamins and a buttload of chicken for $100.

I'm almost afraid to ask, and I'm not being rude I just found it funny... but do I want to know what kind of measurement a "buttload" of chicken is...?
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Why have did you NOT use the search? .

this hurts my brain

^^ AGREED.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options

In other words.......................calorie deficit.
    But my fruits and vegetables taste much better to me than cake dough.That's my subjective POV.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    have to agree with brettpgh. i love my protein powders that i get at the vitamin shoppe. other than that, fruits and veggies to the rescue!!! way too much money (for me) to spend on a brand name. i'd rather use the workout DVDs and supply my own nutrients.