248 to 160 - 1 year in

Replies

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    I just came across your post & believe it or not when I started last week I weighed in at my highest weight of 248lbs, same as you. I"m also 5'6 & want to get down to approx 150lbs. Its overwhelming at times but now that I've seen your pictures I see its possible. Thank you for posting! Great job!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Awesome job!
  • elemkc
    elemkc Posts: 43 Member
    You look FANTASTIC! Your face looks totally different and I can see a dramatic difference in your waist area as well...wow!! I love the motivation you put at the end. Great job!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Awesome results! You look fantastic!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    WOW!!! Fantastic job!!!
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    welll done, You are a true inspiration to someone like me who is just starting out.
    How often did you walk? Every day or just a few times a week?
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Awesome! What a great achievement so far!

Keep up the good work!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    congrats!! keep it up! :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Wow! Congratulations, you look great. Happy and healthy!
  • JessicaPiche89
    JessicaPiche89 Posts: 59 Member
    Amazing!!! Your hard work is definitely paying off! :)
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Awesome result, you are such an inspiration!
  • 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    wow!! congrats!! Very inspiring!
  • you are awesome!!! thanks for posting!
  • NancyQR28
    NancyQR28 Posts: 63 Member
    :happy: Congratulations! That's awesome! Thank you for sharing and motivating us to keep on going! God bless!

4018328.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    way to go
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    welll done, You are a true inspiration to someone like me who is just starting out.
    How often did you walk? Every day or just a few times a week?

Every day, started off at 30 minute walks and then increased to an hour when 30 minutes seemed too easy. Added some elliptical in when the weather started getting cold and I couldn't go any faster on my walks without changing over to running.

The thing that keeps me exercising is, instead of listening to music, I listen to audiobooks. They help keep me engaged and distracted, and if it's a particularly good/interesting book, the only way I'll know what will happen next is to keep up with the exercise. This probably doesn't work for everyone, but it has for me. :)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, and if you're someone who is starting out and needs friends/motivation, I plan on keeping on logging, so feel free to send me a friend request.
  • BestSelf98
    BestSelf98 Posts: 19 Member
    Good job on the religious food logging. Gives me hope of where I could be at the end of 2013.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Congratulations!! You look great! :smile:
  • Fantastic...congratulations! Thank you for sharing, I am at a similar starting weight and seeing your transformation is very inspirational.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Amazing progress and dedication!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!