JUDDDD

Options
Has anyone heard of the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet? Basically you restrict your calories to between 500-800 on Down Days and then eat as you choose on the up days. I lost 4 pounds my first week. Has anyone else had success with this diet plan?

Replies

• sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    This is also called calorie cycling. I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard that it works because it keeps your metabolism guessing instead of falling into a rut.
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes Sparkles, that is the theory behind it. My goal is to lose 14.5 pounds (134.5lbs-120lbs). This seems like the way to go for me because although the down days are quite difficult, knowing that the next day will be easier is very encouraging.
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I happened to see this post and I'm going to give it a shot. It seems like it will work with my frame of mind! I'd been trying to restrict to 1200-1400 calories a day, and I just kept going over, which made me feel guilty, so I would eat more... you see the problem!

I'm really excited about this. Tomorrow is my first down day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm doing it the way they recommended on the website, with 2 weeks of hard-core 500 cal/day on the down days before I increase back up to 30-35% of my normal caloric intake.

Thanks for posting about it!!!