30 day shred - anyone starting today?

Options

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm super tired today guys but I'm getting through it.

I have a strange sharp pain in my lower thighs... not sure what's up with that but it doesn't feel like muscle pain, it's too sharp. ): It's been dogging me all day. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it.

Day 6 done! Whoot! 24 to go.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    finished day 7 of the 30-day shred! I think this is the longest I have ever stuck with anything.
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    Well I get to start the 30 Day Shred today. I ended up getting sick last week and wasn't able to do it then. But when I get home tonight it is on Jillian. :)
  • sniffles
    Options
    Still expericing the weird not quite muscle ache pains but WHATEVS. :) Pushing through. Slept in today (kinda) so am working out tonight!

It's weird, because this is only the seventh... or sixth??? day but I'm already planning on 'what do I do after'...

Being toned has always been a fantasy of mine... maybe I can make it reality! Haha.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My son had an early doctor appointment today so I ended up spending the day with him and now I'm wondering if I should try to do Day 8 tonight, knowing that I would do Day 9 tomorrow morning still? Do you think that is too close together? Better to just skip today and get back into my regular workout schedule tomorrow? (I would still do the elliptical tonight)
  • jessierichardson
    Options
    Well, I took a break yesterday because I thought it was suppose to be a 6 day a week workout? tell me if I'm wrong? Either way, I did it on Saturday morning (tracked my pizza, belinis and gin :( and still got through the weekend not too bad!) took a break yesterday and started right back up this morning!~ So I guess today would be day 7 complete! I find myself dreading it and hating her voice but then by about 1/2 way through the video I feel better about it, but it is getting more difficult to motivate myself every morning! anyone else feeling this way? I am really looking forward to the next level just for a change. Unfortunately I started at level 2 because I had done level 1 a few weeks ago (and started to feel the same way i do about level 2 right now haha) so I have to do 15 days of 2 and 3 :( or maye I could go back and do level one again for 10 days? would that be a bad idea?
    Anyways, hope everyone is shredding! keep up the good work!
  • jessierichardson
    Options
    My son had an early doctor appointment today so I ended up spending the day with him and now I'm wondering if I should try to do Day 8 tonight, knowing that I would do Day 9 tomorrow morning still? Do you think that is too close together? Better to just skip today and get back into my regular workout schedule tomorrow? (I would still do the elliptical tonight)

I ended up doing this one day (due to scheduling) and I just powered through it and did it, but I wasn't doing the elliptical either...) so maybe that will be enough, maybe do the elliptical first and see how motivated you feel?
    Good luck! let us know!
  • sniffles
    Options
    Well, I took a break yesterday because I thought it was suppose to be a 6 day a week workout? tell me if I'm wrong? Either way, I did it on Saturday morning (tracked my pizza, belinis and gin :( and still got through the weekend not too bad!) took a break yesterday and started right back up this morning!~ So I guess today would be day 7 complete! I find myself dreading it and hating her voice but then by about 1/2 way through the video I feel better about it, but it is getting more difficult to motivate myself every morning! anyone else feeling this way? I am really looking forward to the next level just for a change. Unfortunately I started at level 2 because I had done level 1 a few weeks ago (and started to feel the same way i do about level 2 right now haha) so I have to do 15 days of 2 and 3 :( or maye I could go back and do level one again for 10 days? would that be a bad idea?

I'd say do week 1 for the second batch of 10 days then week 3 for the last batch? That'll change things up. :)

And my understanding was it's 30 days straight, not 6 day spurts. :)
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options

I'd say do week 1 for the second batch of 10 days then week 3 for the last batch? That'll change things up. :)

And my understanding was it's 30 days straight, not 6 day spurts. :)

/quote]

I agree with sniffles. Try changing it up. I know you have done level 1 before but did you do it at full strenght?? If you didn't then you could step it up and try the difficult side of it, even if you did do the difficult version, it doesn't hurt to change things up.

As for the dreading part of doing it everyday, I feel your pain. I know I am only doing it every other day right now but everytime I do it, her talking really annoys me too. I just want her to shut up!! LOL!! I do find that once I get going though, it doesn't seem so bad. I want to put the DVD on music only so I think I will try it tomorrow, that way I don't have to hear her voice. I was thinking of changing the level as well. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow, well maybe not!!! LOL! I can't make up my mind!!

Good luck tomorrow and let's keep shredding!!! Go ladies Go!!! We can do it, we deserve it! Think of how good we will feel when we reach our goal!!! Happy, happy, happy!!!!!!!

Julie :happy:
  • angelicarebels
    angelicarebels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ugh I've been slacking ;(( This is like day 2 for me but I'm mixing this with Jillians blasting fat and no more trouble zones.....Oddly enough this 30 day shred leaves me so much more sore than those ?? I also have been including core rhythms I thought it would be a good idea to give different groups of muscles a rest, BUT would I see quicker results just doing the shred ONLY for the full 30?? What do you guys think :))
  • amysj303
    Options
    I just finished day 8 and it felt pretty good. I don't know about the other workouts. I don't know what kind of "results" you are looking for, but the 30-day shred is more muscle toning than fat loss, I think. I don't think you are going to see dramatic weight loss working out for 20 minutes a day (without dieting or other exercise), and I have to face the fact that Jillian Michaels probably doesn't look the way she looks working out only 20 minutes a day!
  • thendrick
    Options
    Didn't do the shred yesterday, just the elliptical. Figured it might be ok to give my muscles a little break, and I went to bed early too (sleep is supposed to be good for your muscles, right?)
    So this morning was technically Day 9, but only my 8th workout. I'm still working up a good sweat but I probably could go up a level. But I don't really want to b/c I know it will be so much harder!
    Maybe I'll do 2 more days at Level 1 for a total of 10 days and then move up.
  • sniffles
    Options
    No shredding for me today. I'm running tonight AND I have ballet class (my first ballet class ever!). I thought with all of that exercise going on I should probably forgo the shred. One day off won't ruin everything... right?

For the most part the aching and soreness is fading, which makes me think I'll be totally ready for Stage 2 when it's time. I just have to remember what silly day I'm on! Haha.

Happy shredding ladies!
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Okay here is the deal!!!!!!

I don't know if I am going to continue doing the 30 day shred. I didn't do it today like I was supposed to because my feet and hips are hurting pretty bad. I go see my physiotherapist on Thursday and I will ask her what she thinks. Besides, I am getting rather bored with it. The music sucks, she is a horrible motivator and the routine is getting old. I could go to level 2 but I don't know if it will be any better. I know for myself that if I get bored with something, I usually don't continue with it. That's why I like biking so much. I get to listen to my own music and change it up whenever I want. I have several different bike paths to use near my house as well, so I can change the scenery everyday. You know what else I really like? Richard Simmons' Sweating to the oldies. I know it's old school but it's fun and has great music. Richard is a blast to watch and listen to. He is so funny. Besides, I'm in this mostly for the weight lose right now and it seems that the 30 day shred is more focused on toning. I have read in some of the other threads that people aren't losing weight with it, just inches. I know that is important too but I really need to focus my energy on cardio I think.

What do you ladies think about this? In your experience, what do you think I should do??

I don't want to leave this group because you have all been so inspiring, so if I do decide to quit the 30 day shred, will you still allow me to post my progress on this thread?? I would really like that.

Thanks!!

Julie :tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options
    I did Day 9 on Level 1.
    Ladee, I agree that it gets kinda boring but it is only 20 minutes! I mute Jillian and play my own music, too, so that helps. If you think it is hurting you, then I am not going to say you should push through, but I am going to really see what happens if I do it every day for 30 days; and I won't know if I don't do it. I even took a "before" pic of my abdomen and so I will take an "after" and see if there was any difference. Maybe I should have done a "before" pic of my arms, butt, legs...
  • kkeegan11
    kkeegan11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 level 1. I feel your pain. Today was the first time I actually had to mute the video. I knew all of the routine by this point so I just followed along with my own music. It helped A LOT! I don't know how I am going to make it 5 more days on level 1 while keeping myself entertained though...
  • thendrick
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 Done!!!! I upped some of the weights to 8 lbs. so I bet I'll be feeling it tomorrow!
    And................I'm down 2.5 pounds!!!!! Sticking with the Shred everyday is really motivating me to stick with eating well!

Julie - it is kind of boring, but it's true, it's only 20 minutes and there are benefits to doing it! You might not drop a lot of pounds right away just from the Shred, but it will build muscle, which will help with your weight loss. Unless you're really hurting (and not just muscle aches) PLEASE stick with us!!! You can do it!!! And you'll feel so good about it after!
  • sniffles
    Options
    I think I'm the minority. The same music/comments don't bother me, it kind of helps me in a weird way because I know EXACTLY where I am and exactly how much is left just by the silly little comments she's making.

I do feel a little bit stronger but I have to admit I haven't seen any changes yet. It's only Day 9 but... yeah. Heh.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I did day 7 today, and I'll do level one for 3 more and then go to level 2 for another 10 days. I can already see the difference in my body, and I've lost a whole pound! I don't mind it, I just get through it and go power walking 2-3 times a day with my iPod. Stick with it ladies, it does work, eventually! I have way more energy....
  • amysj303
    Options
    Finished day 10! Will try Level 2 tomorrow. I might need to up my weights. I only have 3-lb hand weights. Today started out bad, I still couldn't do a real push up, and I got a side cramp during the first cardio but I finished pretty good, I think. I have lost 4 lbs but I have been trying to stick to 1200 cals/day, mostly, with success.