Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

3. Tree of life on my left shoulder (see profile for pic). If I explain why, I sound like a hippy, but it has to do with the cyclical nature

yggdrasil - I knew that right away because I am Norwegian. :) Very cool!

Thats cool! I didn't know it had a Norse analogue although it doesn't surprise me. Seems to exist in some form or another in a lot of cultures. I only just found out that it is an ash tree - which makes a of of sense.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I have "Pull Here" on my...umm....ok, I just made that up....but I really wouldn't mind having one like in the pic below.....

pentaxcameratat.jpg
  • jricht001
    Options
    Yes- 15 plus my entire back

Over the past 7 yrs

Everyone has their first tribal tattoo (yes, I know..lol), several stars, a hooker fairy (again, I know..I was 18! Don't judge!!) some musical things and my entire back is a bunch of characters from Tim Burton movies. Beetlejuice, 9, Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Alice in Wonderland and Sweeney Todd. Eventually I'll have my arms done, one will be mostly Nightmare and the other will be a lot of Batman and Corpse Bride (yes, even though Burton didnt do that one, it plays in perfectly and is one of my favorite movies!!)

Only regret is not doing my research for my 1st and second tattoo. The artist that did the first two, was really high and/or drunk and actually changed the drawing of the second one, instead of following the sketch he showed me before hand. Now, I've got a whorish fairy lol
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many?

I have 5 but have been tattooed 9 times. I had a couple added to and some redone

2. When did you get it/them?

I got my first 1 about 18 years ago and my most recent one was done this past Sept.-Nov (took 3 sittings)

3. What did you get?

1 - a moon with a shooting star with ivy around it that wraps around my ankle and a lady bug, 2 - a frog on the top of my foor with an anklet tattooed around my ankle that had a dragonfly pendant that is dangling by the frog...looks like he is kind of hunting it. 3 - lillies on my left shoulder with 2 japanese symbols...1 meaning son and the other daughter...has some scrolling designs around it. 4 - a Canada leaf on my lower left side of my back with "made in Canada" around it. 5 - my biggest piece...3 roses with 2 pendants hanging from them and a butterfly that goes from the top of my right shoulder down my back to my right hip.

#6 will hopefully be done this spring and it will be a family tree with several paw prints of the animals in my life. This one will continue from my hip down my right thigh.

4. Any regrets?

Nope, not a single 1!
  • likechip
    likechip Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. 2
    2. 1.5 years ago (18), and 3 months ago (19)
    3. Left ankle:
    moogtatt_zpsacf4c34f.jpg
    Left wrist:
    kingdomtatt_zps6e25a0c2.jpg
    And I have a plan for MANY more (Sephiroth's wing on my back, Zanarkand Abes symbol on my upper left arm, a tonberry on my foot, a chocobo on my right ankle, a cactaur on either my right foot or wrist, maybe a Griever necklace, maybe a L'cie tatt (done being a nerd now)) :3
    4. Any regrets? My moogle, I regret moving because it made my pompom crooked (on the other hand, if I was a moogle, it'd be all kinds of jank) And for my heartless emblem, there's a few things messed up, but nothing that can't be fixed with a touch-up.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have a few tats. Got them years ago. No regrets.
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos.. what would give you THAT idea?

lol
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    none... thats like putting a bumper sticker on a ferrari.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos!

I got my pink turtle outline between my shoulder blades on my 18th birthday

Four leaf clover on my left ankle when I was 19

Shooting stars going in a circle all different colors on my lower back when I was 21

and I recently got a celtic cross outline on the top of my right foot when I was 23.

I do not regret a single one and am actually planning out my next one. :)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    1. I have 3, planning on two more at the moment.
    2. Inner Right Arm, Right Wrist, Left outer thigh and was in the last year
    3. In arabic (Follow your heart & Strength), Scarab with horus wings holding a symbolistic sun with an ankh in it.
    4. Not a single regret
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. NONE, zip, zero, nada
    2. Never
    3. Nothing
    4. NEVER regretted it for a moment :happy:
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I have ten. And that's just the beginning...

No regrets.

I have a spanish guitar with roses on my left upper arm.
    I have a latin quote saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost" on lower left arm.
    A crucifix on my lower right arm.
    Upper left arm:
    *Mandala flower
    *Tea cup with roses
    *Hearts, roses, and banners with parents name
    *Pink/Purple cassette tape
    *Thing one and Thing two with my kids' names
    *Fishing bobber with hook and line.
    I also have a pink bow on my sternum. That one was extremely painful but it's beautiful.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    20130125_160550.jpg

20130125_160602.jpg

20130125_160644.jpg

20130125_160739.jpg

20130125_160829.jpg

20130125_160833.jpg

20130125_160839.jpg

20130125_160844.jpg

20130125_160849.jpg

20130125_160901.jpg
  • zeta30
    zeta30 Posts: 40
    Options
    None for me.

I like to keep my body factory original, it has better resale value that way.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    a
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have ten. And that's just the beginning...

No regrets.

I have a spanish guitar with roses on my left upper arm.
    I have a latin quote saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost" on lower left arm.
    A crucifix on my lower right arm.
    Upper left arm:
    *Mandala flower
    *Tea cup with roses
    *Hearts, roses, and banners with parents name
    *Pink/Purple cassette tape
    *Thing one and Thing two with my kids' names
    *Fishing bobber with hook and line.
    I also have a pink bow on my sternum. That one was extremely painful but it's beautiful.

do you want a cookie?
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. Yes!- 4 total
    2. Left Arm- 2007 June/July, Right forearm- Sept 2012, Lower back- Dec.- 2008, and right leg- Jan. 2009
    3. Left arm- Cross for 6 friends and family members that passed away in 2006
    *Right forearm- it's a hear locket with one side saying Ich Liebe Dich (I love you in German), and on the right side it has the time like a clock that says 8:19 since it's for my great grandmother who passed away on 8/19/2009 and we used to call her tick tock oma
    *Lower back- It's an eagle with it's wings spread and in the lower talon there is a woman's figure, with a sun/moon collided with a ribbon on the bottom that has my last name in it- My aunt drew it because of our native american heritage, and my cousin had passed away
    *Right calf- My first name balancing on a golden scale, since I'm a libra and my life is never balanced! LOL
    4. NO- I have NO REGRETS of my tattoo's as you can tell I didn't get them just because they looked cool, they all have a special meaning and tell a story :smile:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    20130125_160550.jpg

20130125_160602.jpg

20130125_160644.jpg

20130125_160739.jpg

20130125_160829.jpg

20130125_160833.jpg

20130125_160839.jpg

20130125_160844.jpg

20130125_160849.jpg

20130125_160901.jpg

beautiful!
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? I have 2
    2. When did you get it/them? First when I was 18 (actually on Senior Week) and the second 19 or 20
    3. What did you get? I have a kind of shooting start with a flower like thing growing out of it on my foot that one of my best friends designed for me and I have my hebrew name in Hebrew on my lower back
    4. Any regrets? No
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have 2. I got them over the last 2 years. One is a black outline of the 4 flowers that represent my little family, one for each of us. That one is on my ankle. On my foot I have a Celtic tree of life, for my Irish Dad who is also a transplant recipient. I love both of them. I can't wait until summer when I can go back to flip flops and show them off again.