Pregnancy 2010 - Week 17

Options
2»

Replies

• yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've gained 12 pounds during my pregnancy so far, I'm 19 weeks. It's just that I feel so big! Now that the weather is nice I will walk outside more. Thanks for the advice :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm 150 lbs. and only 18 weeks! I'm starting to worry that i might gain too much weight during my pregnancy. I went ot zumba last night and felt great afterwards, but is that enough?Also, I'm always hungry.... any advice

I've been having a hard time working out. The round ligament pain is so much worse with activity and I'm trying to walk, but not being nearly as active as I was before. I've only gained about 7 pounds and I'm almost 20 weeks (but I didn't weight myself this week so this is an estimate) and I'm also worried about gaining too much.

Early on in my pregnancy my appetite was so off that I was losing weight, but now it's the opposite, I'll be so full and still want to keep going. I'm eating WAAAAY too much, and of not good stuff either. :-( I feel like I'm already being a bad mom. No nutrition, no exercise. *sigh
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hey guys sorry haven't been here in awhile glad everyone is doing so great!!

I NEED HELP!! I'm only 7 weeks and have gained 7lbs sad thing is I'm not even going over calories and actually most the time under I'm so freaking out since I've already gained half of what i should gain for the entire pregnancy and I dont see my dr for 2 weeks! I'm so freaking out I know i just need to keep doing what i'm doing but Its so hard I see the last 2 years of hard work (lost 50lbs) slipping away LOL

SOrry to whine just need someone to help me because everyone else keeps saying "well your pregant" okay I realize that but I shouldn't gain 7lbs in 2 weeks LOL

I haven't done any research on this, but I'm sure since you're body is changing it's possible that your body may be retaining water because of the pregnancy (remember bloating and swelling increase) and then your metabolism may be changing too. Bring it up to your doc during your next visit and see what they say.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    P.S. Baby started kicking ... or rather I should say I started feeling him kicking this weekend. :-) It's really fun and I'm feeling it daily now, although sometimes is stronger and more often then others.

His name is Ayden Baptiste Thorassie, so I'll probably start referring to him as Ayden in my posts. :-)

I've had a bad day at work today with a frustrating coworker, and I have that appt today with my OB to discuss my irregular ultrasound so I'm having a bit of a stressful day and am trying to RELAX! :-(
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    P.S. Baby started kicking ... or rather I should say I started feeling him kicking this weekend. :-) It's really fun and I'm feeling it daily now, although sometimes is stronger and more often then others.

His name is Ayden Baptiste Thorassie, so I'll probably start referring to him as Ayden in my posts. :-)

I've had a bad day at work today with a frustrating coworker, and I have that appt today with my OB to discuss my irregular ultrasound so I'm having a bit of a stressful day and am trying to RELAX! :-(

Isn't that the coolest thing! They get stronger too - My little girl kicked me so hard this morning she woke me up at 5:30 am. They are getting stronger every week....such a cool feeling. :)

I felt her move around during my 20th week....I was boarding a plane and had this huge grin on my face. People around me must have thought I was drugged LOL :):laugh:

Good luck with the OB appointments!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've started feeling my baby kick too!!!! It is a wonderful feeling and although this is my third pregnancy, it still amazes me that there's a little life forming in me :love:

Angela, I hope you have a better day tomorrow and I like the name Ayden :heart:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Isn't that the coolest thing! They get stronger too - My little girl kicked me so hard this morning she woke me up at 5:30 am. They are getting stronger every week....such a cool feeling. :)

I felt her move around during my 20th week....I was boarding a plane and had this huge grin on my face. People around me must have thought I was drugged LOL :):laugh:

Good luck with the OB appointments!

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had to get up at 7 for work. EVERY morning she would start moving around at 6 and wake me up. After I had her she would wake up at 6 almost every morning. She turns 3 next month (I can not believe my daughter is almost 3 :sad: ) and I'm pretty sure she would prefer a 6am wake up rather then my 7am wake up.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - Let us know how the appointment went. I hope you have a better day today. Co-workers can be so miserable! Try not to let it get to you too much.

I am excited for the weigh in tomorrow. I have been SO good all week, and now that TOM is done, I am really hoping to see some progress. I would love to be out of the 9's and into the 8's, so I have my fingers crossed!

I finally got the currage to ask someone at work about maternaty leave. I get 6 weeks at half pay, and I can take an additional 6 without pay. I feel like I am almost being punished by having a baby. Basically, I only get three weeks of full pay, and then I am on my own for the rest....that is pretty harsh. Guess we need to start throwing more money into that "baby" savings account:smile:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I weighed in today because I'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week. I was down a pound?!?! I thought for sure I would be up since I made and ate a half dozen of cookies on Saturday. I have been swamped with my 9-5 gig and my own business, so maybe I'm not eating as much as I thought I was. Still eat when I'm hungry. Hubby and I are going to be in Chicago for the rest of the week. He's there for work and I'm taking advantage of that :) I just found out that H & M has maternity clothes - so my goal is to find dresses for my baby showers that are coming up. I'm sure I'll eat my fair share of yummo food...they have the Cheesecake Factory there!!

Kiffy - I sure hope my kid doesn't want me to wake up at 5:30! JK - I know it's all part of the process.

Have a happy and healthy week girls!
  • Zekesmom
    Zekesmom Posts: 64
    Options
    I have just made it past the 20 week mark and I feel like I am a whale. I have gained 30lbs since Sept which is scary. I started this pregnancy at 184lbs and am now up to 196lbs! I have been active and walking up to 5km a day but it doesn't seem to be helping. My doctor only wanted me to put on 15lbs this pregnancy and I am already just 3lbs shy of that mark :(

I have been stuck in the house so much during this preg that I get bored and seem to eat everything. Mostly it is at night time and anything sounds good to me. I have been trying to eat as healthy as possible during the day but when night time comes i feel sugar crazy and eat things that I know are horrible for me.

My sleep has been altered a lot this pregnancy so I have been tired and cranky and unmotivated to do a lot.

Any suggestions of getting back some of my energy?
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....I've been absent for the past week or so because I lost someone very special to me, my grandfather. I haven't really had an appetite since and I have lost about 7lbs within the past few days. I know this isn't healthy and I'm trying to eat again but every time I have to eat it feels as if I'm swallowing golf balls. :( Keep me in your prayers.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....I've been absent for the past week or so because I lost someone very special to me, my grandfather. I haven't really had an appetite since and I have lost about 7lbs within the past few days. I know this isn't healthy and I'm trying to eat again but every time I have to eat it feels as if I'm swallowing golf balls. :( Keep me in your prayers.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hey everyone I am in the home stretch at school only a couple weeks left. I am still at 164 lbs and I just switched to maintenance because I am pregnant! Still have to tell family but had to share with you guys. Anyone know if you have to switch to maintenance in the first trimester it added 500 calories that I don't think I will be able to eat all that. Although I am craving mashed potato and gravy and I don't want sweets well it doesn't taste good to me. Anyways will let you all know more once I have had my first appointment.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Caliwaters - CONGRATS!! How exciting for you. I am not sure about the maintenance, but I am sure some of the other pregnant ones can weigh in on that.
  • lucy1703
    lucy1703 Posts: 18
    Options
    I wasdreading this moring's weigh in but suprise suprise i actually have lost. Down to 201!!! almost past those 200's and sooooooooooo excited. 3.5lbs lost. At least i'm some way towards my goals.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/94926-pregnancy-2010-may

New thread is up - it'll be monthly now, instead of weekly!

See you all there :)