Insanity workouts

Options
Ok, I just finished week one of insanity. I have lost 1 lb and 1 inch off my hips, waist, thighs, neck, and arms. I want to lose at Least 2 dress/pant sizes by Valentines And would like to be down 10 more lbs? Can someone that has actually done these workouts help me out in what I need to do? Is my goal even reachable? Plus I don't have the money for the heart rate monitor and such, so I don't know how many calories I am burning. Could someone please tell me how to figure this out?

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I thnk your goal of dropping 10lbs by Valentine's day is a bit of a stretch. You will def lose weight doing this program but I don't know about that quickly. I have done mulitple rounds of Insanity with great results, what I have found is MFP over rates calories burned. I would drop what they calculate by 50-75 cals but everyone is different.
  • amayaasn
    amayaasn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up the first month, well actually 6 weeks bc I started over after christmas with day 2. Calendar wise I have been doing insanity since dec 7 with 3 days off around christmas and 5 days off last week bc of vacation, no dvd player, etc. But I just restarted where I left off this time. Anyway, from dec 7-jan 2, with 3 extra days with no exercise I lost almost 10 pounds and 10 inches. I have now lost almost 16 pounds, havent measured yet though. I am only 5'3 and started out at 196, I had a baby in August and was really out of shape, so ive built a lot of muscle along the way. It will depend on your body and proportions but also what you are eating and how hard you are pushing yourself. Do you have a heart rate monitor to track calories burned during your workouts?
  • sashaeverett
    sashaeverett Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have a heart rate monitor. I'm broke at the moment.
  • ashlee2901
    Options
    you might do if you eat healthily!
    ive dieted for two weeks with no exercise and lost 8lbs! fingers crossed! you can do it!!!