Like Fingernails on a Chalkboard

Options
LMT2012
LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
Curious about the opinions of men and woman on how long and colorful fingernails should be.

Men - is it sexy for a woman to have long, red nails or do you like short and natural....or somewhere in between?

Ladies - the manicure industry is huge so what are you having done lately? Any trends that make you crazy or that you love??

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I just trim my nails when they get too long, I am super low keep but I do like the pinterest posts that have galaxy nails and things like that. Would be so neat to wear one day.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of annoyed by the recent trend of painting your left ring finger with sparkles and/or a different color, especially when it's done so people will notice your engagement ring.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My nails are thin, they break, rip, peel, get dents in them... On rare occasion they grow long enough to paint. Sometimes I get glue ons for my thumb when they are all dented and ripping down the middle.

II like doing fun things with fingernail paint once n a blue moon. But I don't get manicures. I can soak, lotion, and paint , my own fingernails. I don't have the time to drive and wait for someone else to pant my nails. It feels too personal. I am weird about that stuff.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I paint my toenails all the time. Fingernails occasionally, I keep them long enough to scratch and that's about it.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I just trim my nails when they get too long, I am super low keep but I do like the pinterest posts that have galaxy nails and things like that. Would be so neat to wear one day.

My husband is an astronomy geek. He painted my nails with galaxy themes once. But painted actual real galaxies and comets. It was awesome! (While recovering from surgery last year, I had nice nails for a whole 2 months and made the most of it)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    We're men. We don't notice and even if we do we don't care.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I keep mine trimmed, I hate long nails. My nails are barely every not painted, I try to keep the color pretty neutral, nudes, pinks, white. I love the accent nail trend, obviously not anything crazy noticeable but 2 colors or a sparkle nail that compliment each other well.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    m224914341_zpsf10c8499.jpg
  • Scareah
    Scareah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I keep my nails red, or another color, but they must be short/trimmed. Hate long nails
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

this
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have chewed my nails all my life. This is the year I intend to stop...

But I will never have fake nails. I tried once and it annoyed the crap out of me. Not only did it interfere with my music (I'm a pianist) but it also interfered with my work (I'm a data entry person, and the nails slowed down my 100 wpm typing time). I tried shorter fake nails and they just irritated me. It was like a constant irritation on top of my real nail that I just wanted to rip off!

So I did.

Now I just want to focus on not chewing!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm very low-maint with nails, mine stay relatively short because I type for a living, too-long nails just get in the way :) I throw on some polish sometimes, sometimes not. Whatever I feel like.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

You win. I would both notice and expect the sekks to be wild and amazing. I'd totally block your number after tho
  • 3foldchord
    Options

The time I had shiny metallic nails all the men at the gaming convention NOTICED.....
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I keep mine trimmed and unpainted. I am constantly cleaning with chemicals, lifting crates and cases of products and catching then on things. It would be a waste (and possible painful) to grow my nails out and paint them.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I keep mine a little bit long, filed to a nice shape, sometimes I buff them to shining, sometimes I do light pink or clear coat. The few times I've gone to the salon, I've gotten french manicures. I think they're so pretty. Gel nails seem so thick and clunky, I'd get annoyed with them.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you do with them... Not sure I want scars on my back.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If they test for DNA after...they are long enough
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

... how would you wipe your.. nevermind
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

You win. I would both notice and expect the sekks to be wild and amazing. I'd totally block your number after tho
    oGyFx_zps83e28d83.gif