30 day shred... oh boy

Options

Replies

• Caramel_24
    Caramel_24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 22 of Level 3 and believe me it doesn't get an easier. Jillian pushed you to breaking point but the results you can feel them and see them. I've lost more inches than weight on the scales.
  • jellybean139
    jellybean139 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started day one of level two, omgawsh! I have been walking around sore all over but it feels good! My arms are stronger! I took the day off for an hour of water aerobics which I normally do every Friday, I could feel my abs with every movement!
  • Maryhadalittlelab
    Options
    Today was my first day at Level 2. I have done this for 11 straight days. Level 1 really started to hurt my knees so I was happy to get to the next level.

Level 2 is definitely more difficult, but I survived. Lots of moves in the plank position so I am sure my shoulders will hurt tomorrow. This level seems easier on the knees.

Haven't lost any weight ( maybe a pound or two) but the change in my body after only 11 days is noticeable. I am fitting into pants that I couldn't wear two weeks ago. My 10's were starting to get tight. I tried on jeans at two different stores on Saturday and was able to fit into size 6 jeans. Now, I am sure that they were vanity sized, but still....made me feel great and gave me even more motivation to see this through to the end!

Those of you just starting it...stay with it. It definitely works!!!

I'm happy to hear level two is more ab work. I'm on day four level one and all the upper body work kills me. I'm hoping to gain more upper body strength for this though!
  • Felicias64
    Felicias64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 2. I also was like you and thought I would be doing level 1 for thirty days but decided after 10 that I wanted to move on to work some different muscles.... The only problem I am having is a bad right knee but I am not letting that stop me. I have to modify the jumping jacks and jump ropes because of my knee but stay constantly moving and I can do everything else.. so I am going to continue doing Jillians Shred to the end :) I am really enjoying seeing myself get stronger and stronger. The first day I could barely do a few push ups from my knees! Now I can do the walking push-ups :) and I am fitting in a size smaller jeans. I have also been working out at the gym in addition to Jillians Shred.
  • hazelwonders
    Options
    I've been working on Level 1 for the past month just for the simple fact that I'm afraid to move on to level 2. On Christmas day I tried Level 2 and I was zapped of energy for the rest of the day! I'll probably start level two tomorrow and let you all know how it goes. Wish me luck.
  • askohn
    askohn Posts: 5
    Options
    I've done level one every other day for a few days now (trying to work my way up to doing it every day) but I'm concerned because my knees get very sore after each time. Any suggestions?
  • MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    I finished Level 2 Day 3 today. I'm really enjoying it so far. My biggest challenge is my bum right shoulder. I generally use 5lb weights but for some of the shoulder exercises I switch to 3 pounds and the V raise just kills me so I do as many as I can with 3lb weights and then switch to no weights, until I can get that shoulder back to normal.

I work 12 hour shifts, so I try to get up early and get it in before work. If I don't, I don't get too excited about it I just make more of an effort to do it the next day. I do it every day on my days off.

When I was out today I found a 3 of her other videos for $6 so I picked them up. I don't know anything about them, but figured I need to do something when this is over.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 Level 3..It's awesome..I swear level 3 is easier than level 2..I couldn't stand level 2! But my abs are becoming visible,I feel so much better..and not to mention stronger.I got this far with 3 lb weights..I'm thinking about going round 2 with it ..with 5lb weights.What do you guys recommend? Re-do it? Does she have another great DVD?

That's good to know. I am on Level 2 now and it's insane. I can't stand it either with all that planking...boooooooo
  • TripLight
    TripLight Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting this. That thread is what inspired me to start the 30DS, and I am one day away from starting Level 3.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    finished level 1 day 6 today! it was much easier as far as i could tell. then only modifications i *purposefully* did was i had to take a break on the first set of jump ropes because they were KILLING my knees, and i skipped a few arm raises on the side lunges. cant wait to see how easy day 10 is. you all are making me nervous about level 2 though lol
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    love 30DS! will be doing round 2 soon! she makes you want to reach through the screen sometimes..but its worth it
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Just finished D25 today... you ladies (and gents) got this!

I am hoping that I lose a couple of inches off my waist in the next week.. first time around I lost over 7" around my waist, I gained 2-3" back and have only lost 1" haha. Makes me wanna push harder.
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Hi all! As I mentioned in my post yesterday... I picked up my polar ft4 hrm last night. Spent all day "calibrating" it to check its accuracy, and it's pretty good. Just did day three of level one, and according to the hrm I burned 235 calories. That is including the warm up and cool down. I am 5'2, 197 lbs, and completely out of shape.... Just to give you an idea of my stature vs calorie burn so you can try and figure out yours if you don't have a hrm. Hope someone finds this helpful!
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    finished level 1 day 6 today! it was much easier as far as i could tell. then only modifications i *purposefully* did was i had to take a break on the first set of jump ropes because they were KILLING my knees, and i skipped a few arm raises on the side lunges. cant wait to see how easy day 10 is. you all are making me nervous about level 2 though lol

I already know that I will be doing level one for longer than 10 days. I want to be comfortable doing all the moves at the "advanced stage" before I move on rather than hating myself jumping to level two and feeling like giving up. I may be ready by day 10, but if not there is no shame in staying behind a few more days... :)
  • friendtotortoise
    friendtotortoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay you! And congrats on your engagement. I finished my day 2 a few hours ago. - My muscles definitely got that shakey jello feeling the first day. Today, it didn't seem as interminably long as it did yesterday for some reason. I'm glad I did day 2 today even though my muscles were sore because moving through it has made them not feel quite as sore.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 Level 3..It's awesome..I swear level 3 is easier than level 2..I couldn't stand level 2! But my abs are becoming visible,I feel so much better..and not to mention stronger.I got this far with 3 lb weights..I'm thinking about going round 2 with it ..with 5lb weights.What do you guys recommend? Re-do it? Does she have another great DVD?

Lots of people move on to Ripped in 30. She has a lot of DVDs out there, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is good. She also has 6 week 6 pack people talk about.
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    I've done level one every other day for a few days now (trying to work my way up to doing it every day) but I'm concerned because my knees get very sore after each time. Any suggestions?

If your knees are sore I would take a rest day between or modify so you have less impact. Walk in place, etc. I also throw some ice cubes in bags and put on my knees if they get feeling warm. Feels wonderful!!!!!!!!!
  • dtban
    dtban Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this tonight i can't wait!!
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    Just finished day 20, on to level 3 tomorrow. I wish i would have taken measurements, but i can totally tell the inches i have lost!!!
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Just finished day 20, on to level 3 tomorrow. I wish i would have taken measurements, but i can totally tell the inches i have lost!!!

Way to go!!! Exciting..you can see the end.