My husband and I.......same meals

Options
Hi, My husband and I have just registered with the site afte a pal has been using it and lost a stone. Does anyone know if you can copy meals from one account to the other - we are both eating same meals some times and wondered if we have to enter each into the account or is there some way to link it? thanks for any help. Penny

Replies

• taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am not aware of a method to do this, though it would be great. My wife an I have the same issue. I might suggest that you post about this in the Website Suggestions/Feedback message board.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I know how to do it from the phone app. Become friends. Open your diaries to at least friends. Go to "view his diary" on the app and hit the button that looks like a wrench. Select "Copy meal to date" and then hit "today". It is helpful if you title your meals the same and in the same order, because if you copy his third meal it will go to your third meal regardless of what you have it titled and I don't see any way to change this.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Looks like you can do the same thing from the website just by going to his diary and hitting the Quick Tools option under the meal you wish to copy and then selecting Copy to Date/Today
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ditto here. The only way that I know of is to submit them to the database, and that's a lot of work.
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know how to do it from the phone app. Become friends. Open your diaries to at least friends. Go to "view his diary" on the app and hit the button that looks like a wrench. Select "Copy meal to date" and then hit "today". It is helpful if you title your meals the same and in the same order, because if you copy his third meal it will go to your third meal regardless of what you have it titled and I don't see any way to change this.

Oh, I just tried this and it works great. Thanks!
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I don't see a way to do it if you are on the computer - but, I do it this way ^^^ using the app. on your phone
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Looks like you can do the same thing from the website just by going to his diary and hitting the Quick Tools option under the meal you wish to copy and then selecting Copy to Date/Today

OMG, you are my hero. This will save us much time!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we just do the quick entry if you have an exact calorie count already from your spouse.
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

This is awesome - thanks for the tip! I feel like this is going to make life easier for my fiancé and I :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Perhaps assmble it as a "My Meal" under a unique name (Sometimes I use common meals and call it "Kebodo-Red Beans" or something similar... I am not sure, but it is possible then that your partner could find the meal and post it under his meals... Just a thought.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/796870-copying-meals-from-friends-now-available-on-the-site

Recipes aren't shared, "my meals" aren't directly shared if you save them...
    the only thing you can "create to MFP" and have them be able to "find" via a search is a food item that you create to the database and share it with other users instead of keeping it private.

But iPhone, iPad and Android users have been able to copy from each others diaries since June (Android got it then, iOS was much earlier) and website since Nov 14th as per the site announcement linked above.