You don't NEED..............

Options

Replies

• Roboartist
    Options
    Blasphemy!!!! The 49ers are a staple in life!!!

I am surprised i was never disowned in my football loving family. Love of football skipped me but...I did play in marching band a long time ago lol
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    This is why carbs are important ... Complex carbs

http://www.eatingdisordersonline.com/nutritional/carbs.php

Get your facts right.

And again... Go ravens!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Go RAVENS!
    Blasphemy! Flacco will soon learn that the 49ers D will lower his "elite" statis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Our bodies can convert proteins to glucose.
    GLUCOSNEOGENOSIS. Essentially your body eats it's own tissue, which is harmful over a long period of time. First to go is the liver, which is mightily important to life.

Not quite accurate:

gluconeogenesis /glu·co·neo·gen·e·sis/ (gloo″ko-ne″o-jen´ĕ-sis) the synthesis of glucose from molecules that are not carbohydrates, such as amino and fatty acids.
    how am I wrong? Your body is made from proteins which are made from amino acids. And according to my clinical nutrition book the first thing your liver converts is infact itself, and then finds other sources. Unless something has been discovered since the book was published in 2012...
    Well this is assuming that you AREN'T taking in protein sources. If that were the case, then your body would break down lean tissue.
    You aren't wrong, but the body has to be in a certain state for what you saying will happen.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quote]

Yes, I know. The original question was how the brain got sugar if you weren't taking in carbs. And gluconeogenisis is the answer. And yayaya now I just sound like a ***** even though I started replying because of the ridiculousness of the whole thread topic (which is why you started it no?)
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    No blasphemy! Baltimore born and raised. Get back to me after the ravens win the Super Bowl.....
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    maybe u can teach me how to kick your *kitten* considering your profession! (chuckle)
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Get your facts right.

And again... Go ravens!
    Facts are that carbs are non essential for life. You CAN live without them. I choose not to though.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yes, I know. The original question was how the brain got sugar if you weren't taking in carbs. And gluconeogenisis is the answer. And yayaya now I just sound like a ***** even though I started replying because of the ridiculousness of the whole thread topic (which is why you started it no?)
    I started it to COUNTER the "health police" that are against eating meat, dairy, processed foods, fast foods etc.

They state we don't NEED it. Just like I stated we don't NEED TV, iPhones, etc.

But we who like fast food, processed foods, etc. eat them because we WANT TO.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    No blasphemy! Baltimore born and raised. Get back to me after the ravens win the Super Bowl.....
    How are they gonna stop Kaepernick and the pistol? With the exception of Seattle, no one really has yet. And Kap is getting better. With 2 weeks to plan and prep, I expect a 6th ring.

IDEA Fitness member
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    GLUCOSNEOGENOSIS. Essentially your body eats it's own tissue, which is harmful over a long period of time. First to go is the liver, which is mightily important to life.

Not quite accurate:

gluconeogenesis /glu·co·neo·gen·e·sis/ (gloo″ko-ne″o-jen´ĕ-sis) the synthesis of glucose from molecules that are not carbohydrates, such as amino and fatty acids.

Amino acids are proteins... :(
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Diary
    What's wrong with diaries? Lot's of people like to write.

LMAO! Noticed this right away!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

Get your facts right.

And again... Go ravens!
    Good job at linking bro science
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Not quite accurate:

Amino acids are proteins... :(

What's being debated is the liver statement. Not the fact that proteins are hydrolyzed into amino acids.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give most of the people posting in this thread a pass because they seem new here. Reading thru the first 2 pages almost no one got the intention of this post. They don't get that they are on the same side of the argument as the OP.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You also don't need

Coach bags

LIES

Good post Niner.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I don't think he meant you don't need all of those things at once. I think he meant you dont NEED milk OR meat etc.
    Obviously you can take all of those things out at the same time.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give most of the people posting in this thread a pass because they seem new here. Reading thru the first 2 pages almost no one got the intention of this post. They don't get that they are on the same side of the argument as the OP.

Right?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Reading comprehension for the lose in this one.

Bond out!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Agreed 100%

Except the I phone. That's a necessity.
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Physiologically speaking you do NEED carbs. To fuel your brain, or else it doesn't run properly.
    Maybe. Carbs are non essential though. You can live without them.

IDEA Fitness member

Sorry, I totally disagree. I would not be able to perform if I ate no carbs. Carbs fuel my workouts.