Hi everyone!

Options
Hi there-I signed up for this website a LONG time ago and kept meaning to start my diet on the following Monday...well 7 months of Mondays and here I stand. I guess better late than never?

My name is Jamie and I am 35. I live in southeast Georgia and have 2 beautiful children...Gabriel who is 9 and Mabry-Ann who is 8 months old. I lost my husband this past April in a car accident when I was 8 months pregnant with our daughter. So now as a newly single mother I am their sole support and provider. I want to be the best mom I can be and provide a positive role model for their own health habits. Kids are talented mimickers, and I want to make sure I am giving them something positive to emulate.

Besides my kids I want to do this for me. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and feel worthy of love and affection again. It's hard to love again if you don't even love yourself. My ultimate goal is to lose between 130-140 pounds....yeah I know, its a LOT...but I am breaking it down into 10 pound segments...its totally doable and I am on my way!!

I hope to get to know some people on here-I feel kind of alone in this struggle and it would be amazing to find friends to help me stay motivated and hopefully I can help them stay motivated too!

Replies

• DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. There's this quote I like to provide those who have lost someone. I lost my dad back in 1995 and think of this quote often.

When someone becomes a memory that memory becomes a treasure. Author Unknown.

Best of luck to you in your next chapter in life....feel free to add me. I will do what I can to support and motivate....been here over 710 days now!

Don
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss and I pray that the creator gives you the motivation and inspiration to reach your goals! Feel free to add me, I'm a single mom too.
  • eena830
    eena830 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well hey now is the right time to start. That's great that you are ready to kick in to gear! I wish you the best of luck! Im just starting my journey as well. Stick with it because we are worth it!
    Make your children proud!
    Take care,
    Saleena
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie:
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It must have been so hard to be pregnant and lose your husband. Don't beat yourself up about your weight. We all have to begin somewhere. You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and setting an example for your children by showing them how strong you are. I'm sure they want you around for a long time and this is the first step of an exciting journey. All the best to your and your family and good luck on your weight loss.
  • KiwiKimblee
    Options
    Wow, you are and amazing person! I have so much respect for you. Just so you know, that even though I don't know you, I believe (with all my heart) you are worthy of love. And, not that its relevant, but you have a beautiful face!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So glad you are here!! I too have a lot of weight to lose and I know we can do it by just getting on here and learning everything we can and cutting back on those calories. I am here every day, logging my food and searching the message boards for support and inspiration. Add me if you like. The support of friends is wonderful.
  • zumbacyndi
    zumbacyndi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to friend me. We all need others for our support system, and MFP helps keep you on track. I have been on and off a few times but definitely have more success when I am faithful about tracking and exercising. I am sorry for your loss and hope you can get some of the support you need through this site!