summer time bbq's

Options
During the summer months me and my family like to have friends and family over for bbq's, drinks, games or just family fun. I would like to know since I'm going on a diet and my family is in full support what type of foods could i have or cook that's good for me and I can stick to my diet but won't run my guest away??? Also when I go over to someones house for dinner or so what should I do when its time to eat and i really really wanna stick to my diet ? I don't wanna be rude and not eat but i wanna stick to the plan or weight loss !! also is it true that you can also pack on the pounds from certain drinks from the bar (other then beer).

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1. Portion control
    2. Eat SLOWLY... savor every bite
    3. Get your BBQ sauce on the side.. put 1 or 2 Tbs thats it
    (when its gone its gone)
    4. You can always ask for chicken...
    5. Only drink WATER

Hope this helps... this is what I do... my sis and I BBQ every weekend
    This is how I plan to get through
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I grill chicken quite a bit. Eat some chicken and salad or other vegetables and you're still sticking to your plan.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Good article! There are also some good recipes for BBQ's one is chilled snap peas with creamy tarragon dressing.

I had to look for the article because part of the link is missing (though it's all there when I quoted you) so I'm going to post it again.

OK I'm editing because it is cutting the end of it off again. To get to the article click the quote button on red01angel's post and you can get to the whole link .
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    We BBQ all the time and it is easy to stick to plan and eat.

Grilled, no sauce or on the side
    Steak
    Chicken
    Shrimp
    Fish

Sides:
    Salads
    Veggie Tray
    Slaw

Desserts:
    All the fresh fruit that summer has to offer!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Try veggies on the grill! Either on a skewer or in a grill basket. Asparagus and whole red peppers are amazing grilled.

Toss in some shrimp or chicken breasts and you've got a really good meal.