Is there anything that you don't log?

Options
I don't tend to log milk in cereal. I only drink skimmed milk and usually put much less in than a normal portion. I don't log my cups of tea/coffee either, because tea and coffee without milk shouldn't have any calories, or minimal, and again, I only put a drop of skimmed milk into my tea/coffee (plus I only drink a maximum of 4 a day, maybe less).

I also don't log the sugar-free, 2 cals per 250ml glass mixed with water, squash that I use. I don't drink loads of that anyway, its usually only with my dinner.

I sometimes FORGET to add ketchup or brown sauce with my dinner, but again, I really only have a tiny amount.

Other than that, I log everything else. And I'm not suffering for it. It's not like I've stepped on the scales and gone 'Why am I not losing weight?' which could be attributed to not being honest with my calories.

Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I log milk in my cereal. That's another 90-140 cals. If I put honey in my tea, I log that. I log the tablespoon of olive oil I use to cook.

I pretty much log everything except water & tea that's 0 calories.

The only things I don't is like if someone says "try this" & I have a bite.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log is the taste tests I do of the evening dinner to check for seasonings...although I DO log the tastes I do of the homemade icecreams I make because the tablespoon size I have does contain enough cals to warrant it.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't log mustard, diet beverages or most seasonings. Anything more than 10 calories I log though, because it can add up quick.
  • fiwobble81
    fiwobble81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    herbs and spices (not containing any salt or sugar), purely because I can't be arsed messing about adding it all in for the sake of two calories.
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of little things i dont log, but also I only log exercise when it is for exercise purposes. In other words, If I walk around doing shopping, I dont log the walk. I figure it all works out in the wash!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I log everything except the air I breathe.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that's 0 calories. Except water.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I under-log the milk on my cereal as I don't drink it, I just use it to wet the cereal and most of it's still left in the bowl when I'm done.

I dont always log my tea, thats more forgetfullness than purposefully not doing it and I only have 2 cups a day anyway, no sugar.

I add all sauces, butters, oils etc as they are packed with cals and I'd be likely yo go way over if I didn't log them.
    I don't always log wine.

My cals are set low to 1200 a day though so if I have a glass of wine I really don't think it matters as I am low anyway and in my head I know it's 160 cals for a small glass so I'm still conscience of how much I drink! 1 glass every 2nd night usually.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I log just about everything, except things I know are under 5 calories and I've only had a very small taste of (ex dipping my finger in a sauce and tasting) or unless its unloggable. I usually quick add 50-100 calories a day as a buffer to cover the "cost" of the calories that I may have missed, or considering almost everything I eat is my own recipe, there's bound to be a few calories missing in those counts. I just feel more comfortable having the extra added calories to help me through.

I add mustard because I also pay attention to my sodium. (I don't have any problems I just don't want to be out of control on sodium)
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING! What is the point of not logging? Is it like 'if no one sees me eat it, it doesn't count" mentality? Almost everyone who knows me would have sworn I hardly ever ate and yet I was morbidly obese, Go figure.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log are the supplements I use... They are like maximum 3-4 calories a pill... If I take 3 supplements, it's 12 calories... and I mostly alternate them, based on what seasson it is or how my body feels.
  • cupboard_stalker
    cupboard_stalker Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of little things i dont log, but also I only log exercise when it is for exercise purposes. In other words, If I walk around doing shopping, I dont log the walk. I figure it all works out in the wash!

This! Some people log 0cal vitamins pills and the housework they do. I can't be bothered! If i use alot of seasonings in cooking i might clump it together in a "quick add" guestimate, but i think that as long as you are still losing weight then what you are logging is good enough.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Spices, gum, coffee, sodas, vinegars, etc. Seems fairly pointless. Oh noez. That 5kcal in a piece of spearmint is gonna make me fat. :O
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

This! Some people log 0cal vitamins pills and the housework they do. I can't be bothered! If i use alot of seasonings in cooking i might clump it together in a "quick add" guestimate, but i think that as long as you are still losing weight then what you are logging is good enough.

Peas in a Pod!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I log everything except the extra salt and pepper I put on my food right before eating, all the seasonings get logged during the cooking(I made chili and it turns out the seasonings alone were 120 cals!), drinks are logged, food, fruit, veg, snacks, milk, etc. To make up for taste-tests during cooking I add a tiny fraction extra of whatever I ate to make up for it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I log everything.

Everything that has calories that I eat is in my diary.

I'm lying to myself if I don't log everything. When you are lean trying to get leaner (which is where I'm at now) and especially for females, every calorie counts. Those 50 calories of milk or 25 calories of strawberries or 30 calories of lettuce might not seem like much at the time, but with those 3 examples you have over 100 calories! Do this daily and there's the reason for a stalled progress, should one arises.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I log everything except the air I breathe.

^^^^^ THIS^^^
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The lemon pepper/ cayenne pepper I put on chicken, black coffee, stevia, black or herbal tea, my vitamins/supplements (except whey obvs), lemon juice, gum/tic tacs

That being said Im bulking so I don't really have to worry as much
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    milk has protein, calories, carbs, sugars. you should totally log that. if not you are cheating yourself.

I dont always log plain green tea because it is 0 everything.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The ginger sauce I use for my salmon avocado rolls. Not sure of it actually has any calories though. Sometimes I pour steak sauce on my eggs. Don't log that either