Your BEST breakfast!

Options

Replies

• joanjfrancis
    joanjfrancis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya, if you like fruits you can add some blue berries and a teaspoon of honey. Or a small banana slices. Those are my favourite ways of having porridge. It only fill you but keep you going longer. Try it and feel the difference..
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal made with milk, raisins and cinnamon.

Apple, raisin breadpudding: used whole wheat bread and stevia instead of sugar. This one freezes very well, just get à piece out of the freezer the night before and pop it in the microwave before eating. Tastes like warm Apple pie.

Overnight oats, I like the combination of milk, oats, chia seeds and shredded coconut.

I make all the above in portions sized to have somewhere between 300 and 400 kcals.
  • SarahR77777
    Options
    Either:
    Porridge wade with water, splash of almond milk on top and a banana
    Or
    Fruit and Fiber with almond milk and a banana
    Or
    Peanut butter and marmite on chia and sunflower bread toast

:)
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on a slice of wholemeal bread toasted (normally I have this at work for breakfast)
    Special K with or without a small sliced banana (at home or work)
    low fat yoghurt (sometimes)
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am not a ceral eater and can be slack on breakfast, but feel sick if I don't have something. Generally I have two slices of multigrain toast , with a tablespoon of peanut butter , or one piece of toast with a little vegiemite and an egg. I work afternoons , so eat more at night then most people.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Puffed wheat with almond milk and cinnamon

Whole grain wrap with natural PB, 1tsp honey and half a banana

Oatmeal with 1 tbsp jam ( I make my own) and apples or strawberries (try this http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/apples-in-a-bag) to put on top

Fruit salad

this smoothie : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-green-monster-smoothie.html

I also make my own smoothie with vanilla almond milk, spinach, carrots, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and blueberries. it.is.AMAZING.

Greek yogurt

egg on whole grain toast

Scrambled eggs

fritatta

almost all of these are protein and whole grain non refined carbs. These will keep you full and prevent your blood from skyrocketing. Make sure when eating a grain product that the FIRST ingredient is whole grain/wheat, not "enriched wheat flour" "wheat flour" etc. When buying bread make sure it's 100% WHOLE GRAIN. :)
  • Rebeccaben
    Options
    One of the reasons why you feel hungry too soon, is because you are not getting enough protein. Shoot for at least 20g. The cereal should be fine to keep, but add some egg, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shake, or somthing like that on the side and see how you feel. Try to keep in mind you need protein at every meal. This will help keep your muscle while you loose fat.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    You could add a banana or some sultanas to your porrige to make it taste sweeter, or add a little honey? You're better off eating that than the sugary cheerios. I really love porrige with sultanas, I put them in as I cook the porrige.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A weight watchers bagel (154 calories) with a little bit low fat cream cheese and a slice of salami, with some rocket/salady stuff :) yummy :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1 diced fresh peach OR small green apple
    175g low fat vanilla yogurt
    20g Swiss museli

Mix in bowl. Eat. Rejoice!

175 calories.
  • devastation77
    Options
    Weet-Bix people. Come to NZ and eat Weet-Bix.

It's just...it's just the best okay?
  • allie_rat
    allie_rat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Generally I just eat fruit, I'm not really big on breakfast. Sometimes I'll have porridge or toast if I wake up really hungry, but that doesn't happen often.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal toast, poached or 1cal spray fried eggs.
  • debg4loss
    Options
    sounds like my kinda food !
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of Greek yogurt, berries, drizzle of honey. (berries lower carb and won't mess you blood sugars up like a banana. Would! Just tiny drizzle of good honey don't need much.) lots of protein to keep you full. Fage is the best, creamy, decadent and no added sugar, low carb, sugar and fat. Perfect breakfast to me,.

Eggs with peppers, tomatoes and onion in an omelette.

1 egg, 2 slices of bacon and a piece of seeded brown toast.

On the run Jay Robb chocolate protein, half almond milk half water, add chocolate PB2 if desired. Keeps the sugar down using half and half and tastes good that way! I like to make that up the night before if I know I'll be busy and chill it.

If I'm in a fix I will have an Atkins advantage protein bar.

I don't do Atkins, but keep my carbs very sensible as for me it's how I lose the weight! Lots of protein will fill you up at breakfast. Try to avoid anything sugary. It will just give you a sugar crash way before dinner and you'll be starving,

Good mid morning snack is a cheese string or almonds. Fill a gap surprisingly well!

Zara x
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Travel mug size of dark roasted coffee with pure cane sugar and 2 tbsp. of Hershey International Delight chocolate and caramel coffee creamer, a glass of 1% chocolate milk, 2 pc. of whole wheat toast with all natural crunchy peanut butter, 1 bagel thin with land o'lakes cinnamon butter, and a banana. Pretty much been eating this breakfast for the last 3 1/2 years.. If I switch up it is normally for a day here and there and have a big bowl of cereal...
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What I like at the moment is greek yogurt with grape nuts, banana and honey or overnight oats made with almond milk then topped with banana and honey. Both keep me satisfied until lunchtime and they are delicious.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt w kashi go lean crunch mixed in :-)
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Once you come to grips with the fact that it is calories in calories out. Breakfast or any eating plan can work.

Breakfast is great. I love eggs, I just choose to eat my calories later in the day.
  • bmi20SE
    bmi20SE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!!
    Great breakfasts , I still had my cheerios this morning though but Im planning on finishing the whole pack before starting a new breakfast routine. Just a few portions left anyway.

I love the whole omelet with veggies idea.
    But I actually HAAAATE omelets or fried eggs in general.
    I eat boiled eggs though...

Will go through all the breakfasts again later and decide which to try.