How long untill you saw results?

Options
Ok, so I have been netting about 1200-1300 a day (with the exception of a couple cheat days) and doing cardio everyday now for about 2 weeks. Unfrortunately i havent really seen a change in my weight or shape!! So when did you first notice changes?? or what can i do to see them faster?

Replies

• sara6795
    sara6795 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a change in weight until the third or fourth week. I actually started noticing my results after about 15lb down, so about two months in. It is different for everybody. I do take my measurements every-other-week and keep a journal because sometimes the scale isn't enough to really show you what you've actually lost (for me anyways). I have been sticking to 1200-1500 cals/day and exercise 60 min/day 5-6 days/week. Three months in, and I am finally down 20lb, which is an amazing feeling!
  • angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how big you are now. I'm 350lb and I've lost 16 lbs so far, but I won't actually SEE results until I'm down around 30 lbs. You should feel results after all that working out. I've been working out for three weeks now too (6 days a week) and I have felt the difference for about a week now. Sometimes just FEELING the results is good enough. Keep it up; it will happen.
  • takaiisan
    takaiisan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In one day i lost 2kgs, when i first started, i dropped from 112, to 110. The last two weeks i've been stuck at 110, desperate for even a small change!! at the gym 3-4 times a week, walk everywhere.. gonna try upping my calories and cross my fingers that i've been under eating at 1200-1400.
  • markjz
    markjz Posts: 5
    Options
    if you just started you work out it can be constipation. have you been going normally lately? if it's that or water retention then the answer is drink more water, chug that stuff.

If you work out with out without drinking enough your body will pull water from where ever it can get it (like your poo) causing it to build up and get hard. also too much salt or electrolytes from sports drinks will cause your body to hold water, so you need to drink more water to flush them out. This is why sports drinks are BAD, use water only.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I've had a deficit almost every day this month, been working out--strength 4x a week, cario 6x a week--and have seen the same two pounds come and go every week. I recently reduced my calorie goal from about 1500 to 1200. I'm hoping I will see results in a few weeks, but it's been a really discouraging month. Fingers crossed! Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 calories a day for 60 days with 1 or 2 lbs. lost. Upped my calories to 1450, now at 115 days logged and 5 lbs. down. You may not be eating enough, calculate your TDEE for a more accurate number of calories to eat.
    I know it makes no sense, but you gotta trust me. I'm a stranger on the internet. :smooched:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator
  • polkadots234
    Options
    staplebug-
    Wow this sounds exactly like me!!! At least I'm not alone :/
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Took me a few months to see results. Other people were noticing the results though.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    Eat your calories back. I felt results after a couple of weeks, and saw results at one month.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So far I cannot see a difference. My mom says she can see it in my face, it always shows there first. I am noticing clothes are fitting better, not squeezing into them any more, but not changing sizes. I'm guessing clothing size may drop in another 15 pounds.
  • saleens7gurl
    Options
    Hey all. I'm new to community/forum portion of this app. I'm pretty much a loner on the whole weight loss thing...that's just my style. But I saw your post polkadots234 and I thought I would offer this.

Be patient with yourself and your body...weight loss, especially for women more than men, comes in waves. In the dog training world, we always say to stick with a program for AT LEAST 3-4 weeks before judging its success or failure. It takes at least this long (if not often longer) to break old habits and establish new ones. Give yourself a little time and trust that the process will work as long as you stay dedicated to it and continue to work hard.

I started losing weight on my own a little over a year ago. No trainer, no gym. Just a common sense diet and a pair of running shoes. Started out at around 200lbs in October of 2011, dropped to 175 by March 2012. I had gone from a size 16 to a size 8 in the span of about 6 months. I went from 30% body fat to 22% just using this common sense approach. Then I plateaued all last summer. No matter how hard I worked out, it didn't matter. Then I realized I needed to watch my calories more closely since I was crossing a boundary and becoming thinner and fitter than I had ever been in my life. I started using the app this past October, and since that point, I have now lost an additional 26lbs and I am at a healthy 148lbs with 19.5% body fat.

Weight loss isn't just about calories in vs calories out, and perhaps that's what can be deceiving about just using a calorie counter alone. That's an oversimplification of how human bodies work. Yes, you need a caloric deficit each day in order to lose weight, and the best way to achieve this is by "exercising off" some of the calories you have consumed. This is why exercise-centric programs work so well. And calorie restriction (anything below the 2,000 daily recommended value) will allow you to achieve results over time. Coupled with good exercise this can be amplified. Keep in mind something more important than calorie restriction or calorie output however: NUTRITION

The food you put into your body is more important than any other aspect of a weight loss program. It is ESSENTIAL that you give your body the right balance of protein, complex carbs, healthy fats and oils, and most important of all vitamins. Once you start restricting your caloric intake in order to drop weight, this becomes even MORE important because you have to make each calorie you consume THAT much more valuable. Every calorie should count for something beneficial to you, either to restore/build muscle torn down during exercise, or provide your body with the essential vitamins it needs to run efficiently. The more viable materials your body has to work with, the less food you will crave and the better your workouts will be. Also be sure to drink TONS of water. 4 to 5 liters a day is a good goal. It will temporarily increase your weight on a scale, but it will help your body eliminate all the chemicals/toxins/excess sugars and yucky stuff stored in fat cells so it can release more of the fat cells.

Additionally, you should also add some light strength training into your workout routine. Cardio is good for the heart, does build muscle, and is great for burning calories. You may burn 400 calories in 30 minutes of intense cardio, whereas you may only burn 50 calories in 30 minutes of moderate strength training. When you lift any kind of weight, or even use your own body weight as resistance, it tears down muscle tissue and your body burns calories long after your workout in restoring that muscle tissue. Embrace a little soreness...it lets you know that your body is working hard. Keep in mind that your body will fall into a routine and adapt. When you hit a plateau, switch things up. Keep your body "on its toes" and always guessing in the workouts.

What I have found after using this app and combining it with good balanced exercise and an very nutritious diet is that these are the ingredients for success. Cut out the bad calories, replace them with good ones. Use both your strength and cardio in proper balance. If you hit a plateau, look at your nutrition and see what your body is missing and then look at your exercise and see what you should switch up and adjust. More importantly, give yourself some time. Remember it shouldn't just be about the weight loss, but also being healthier inside and out.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4-5 weeks to notice my body changing. Those first few weeks are critical. Stay dedicated!
  • cheekychicken69
    cheekychicken69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    About 6 weeks, but I have a LOT to loose. Take regular pics of yourself, cos sometimes you can't see it in the mirror but you can in a pic :)
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    if you lift weights you should start feeling changes in 3 weeks
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My weight steadily dropped by 2 pounds every week for about 7 or 8, then it kind of zig zagged from there. I started noticing visibly tangible results in the mirror after a month, and then felt the difference in my clothes after about 2 months. It takes time!
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like this quote...

It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference
    8 weeks for friends/family to see a difference
    and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.

DON'T GIVE UP!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    In order for you to lose one pound in one week, you would need to burn off 500 calories per day. 500 x 7 = 3500 Calories. Instead of cheat days, stick to a cheat meal once or twice a week. If say, you usually consume 1500 cals per day, then on your cheat days you eat about 2000+, you would first need to burn the additional calories AND 3500 on top of that to still be able to lose that one pound. If you stick to your cheat days though, it WILL take longer for you to see results. Its all about proper diet. Yes exercise is important, but eating the right foods is what will get you the results. I work out 5x a week, eat nothing but good food with the occasional beer, and even though i did not lose one single pound, i did lose several inches.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months to see some changes which was -15lbs. Have patience and whatever you do don't give up nor be discouraged!
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any results until 3 months when I first started losing weight two New Year's resolutions ago. I was at around 1300 a day and burning about 300 via cardio 4 days a week starting January, and by March I suddenly lost five pounds and almost two inches around my waste. It's pretty consistent for me two take 2-3 months for weight loss to show.
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month watching my diet and exercising before I saw much change. Measure yourself. I've lost way more inches than pounds. I'm more flexible (can bend over to tie shoes), stronger (can get up off the couch without hanging on to something), more energetic (I've been sleeping better and not so tired during the day) ... I invested in a trainer and he warned me the scale might not move very fast but to be patient.