Any tips of sticking with the program?

Options
13»

Replies

• Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    3. Do not restrict yourself!... If you can make room to eat a cookie, then do it. If your significant other or something wants to go out for dinner at your favorite restaurant and you can make room.. do it!.. If you don't restrict your eating then your less likely to "cheat" and "fall off the wagon"!!!

Hey this is the best piece of advice! If you make room for some treats your more likely not get bored and stick to it.

Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new friends ????
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Log everything, everyday! And add people who encourage you as friends :) That is something that helps me, when I see people saying I did awesome and good job on my wall! It makes me want to keep going. Look at the success stories! That also gives me some umph to make it like so many others on this site did. Don't skip a day, skipping one day, leads to another, leading to one more, than another... I've learned that when I was trying to do this on my own. Now MFP keeps me in check and i love it :)
  • vbarcok
    vbarcok Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make a list of twenty reasons why you are doing this, then put it somewhere where you can see it. Read it everyday to keep you motivated. Set goals like where you want to be each month. Currently my goal is to lose 4-6lbs a month. Meal planning is important it helps with setting calorie goal. Example if you are at a 1600 calorie goal say 350 for breakfast, 350 lunch, 350 dinner, 3 snacks 150 each then you have 100 extra if you go over a little on meals or snacks. This is just an example as I do not know what you calorie range is or anything, Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    just FOLLOW IT!
  • lessele
    lessele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been a yo yo for many years...I joined this site back in May and have lost about 50 lbs. I find that some days I just dont log in and that is just the way it is. My major tip for success is to take this one day at a time. You mentioned being "good for a few days"...just make a committment to yourself to do the best you can every day. If you dont log in one day well ok, the next day is a new day and you can start again. For me, the issue is when I say "oh I am bad I didnt log in today so I am going to throw the entire thing away". Each day is an opportunity to start new. For example, I have been on the site for several months have consistently lost weight and only have 21 days in a row today logging in...Oh well. No one is perfect. Make some friends and commit to them but just tell yourself that each day is a new day and make that promise to YOURSELF each day. I wish you much success...you can do this.

Lessele :flowerforyou:
  • dove100
    Options
    As everyone has mentioned; have a support system. Mine is our family; we have created a Biggest Loser Challenge and we report in every week and encourage each other. We even have a Red Team and a Blue Team. We each put in $ 10.00 and the Biggest Loser we will win the whole pot at the end of this round; April 1st. We started on New Years Day this year. We are having a great time together. Add me as a friend if you like:)
  • bhcate
    bhcate Posts: 6
    Options
    I am totally overwhelmed with the amount of support I have gotten in just a few hours on here. Thank you all so much for you tips and your words. I have a great feeling about this one, and I will give as much support as I get. Anyone please feel free to friend me, we are all in this together after all.

Good luck to all of you!
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I try to look at each day as it's my first day of a changed lifestyle. It really helps. I also plan out the day before for the most part, breakfast and lunch, I work out, then have lots of calories left for dinner, then I plan that out before I make it. Both of those things help keep me on track.

Lots of people say not to do "cheat meals" but rather incorporate your favorites through out the week. I honestly need to be pretty disciplined through the week or else I get off track. I look forward to Saturday night dinner where I splurge a bit.

Find healthy foods you dig and a wide variety of 'em. Lots of different fruits and veggies. I lovelovelove whole grain pasta, cereal, and/or shrimp for dinner. Fiber One brownies for a dessert or snack to kill that chocolate craving.