Very inspirational!!!!! Thanks!!!:smile:
  • kskallen
    kskallen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So true! Awesome post!!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    BMR and TDEE ???????? Yep, I'm a newbie and trying to get schooled on all the acronyms - - translation please? I really loved this post, it keeps it real but shows that patience and focus WILL prevail. I started 23 days ago and have lost six pounds, didn't start with my measurements taken but will take them in the a.m. (when I find my darn measuring tape!). Thanks again. :happy:

BMR = base metabolic rate. This is what a hospital will give you if you are laying in bed unconscious and they need to keep your organs healthy. You shouldn't eat below this number. Due to my weight, mine is around 1500. Some people are closer to 1300. Some people who are heavier than me are 1700.

TDEE = total daily energy expenditure. This is what you should be eating. It *includes* exercise level, so some people use this method. It's much easier because you eat the same calories every single day, even on rest days. It makes it easy to remember. You don't have to fiddle with MFP's net calories and all that because your exercise is already figured into it. You just eat that number every single day. Mine is around 2000, but I eat around 1850 because I see the best rate of loss there. It can take a few weeks to tweak it.
  • kbutcher20006
    kbutcher20006 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for sharing!!! I just went through week two with the scale going NOWHERE! So glad that it isn't going to last! Your post was just the inspiration I needed!
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love it, congratulations on your perseverance and accomplishment!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting. I hit the 10 month plateau too (am kind of still stuck there even though I've been doing pretty well with diet and exercise). Good to know there's hope when I'm half way to goal and still kind of stuck.
  • Fabulousmonica
    Options
    WOW! This is so inspiring! I will be looking back at this post often for sure. Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Kimber415
    Kimber415 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So true - I'm in month six and have experienced all of your emotions. I'm at the plateau now, having gained over the holiday and having trouble getting it back off and saying, why didn't I just stick to it - but hanging in there as you did! Good for you!
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump. This should be a sticky post for all newbies to read when first starting out on MFP. Thanks for sharing - very funny and informative.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm in the upswing of month 4, it's exciting. But your time line is SO accurate!! I love it!! :)
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Holding on to this post! Thank you for sharing! :happy:
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You win!:flowerforyou:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this ....

Congratulation too
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What a fab post and well done for losing 80lbs!
  • PinnHead
    Options
    Thank you, that was awesome!!!
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • Heather4275