• RonJr88
    RonJr88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump for later :happy:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Pom's Guinness Roast!

1.) Heat up a tablespoon of vegetable oil or olive oil in a large skillet. (I used extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed.) Once the oil is hot, put the roast into the skillet. Brown each side.

2.) Once all sides have browned, you can remove the roast from the skillet and set aside.

3.) Deglaze the skillet. To do this, add half a can of Guinness and scrape up any loosened brown bits with a spatula. Warm this broth in the skillet for a few minutes. I added black pepper and a few shakes of Meat Magic. Season to taste. Set aside.

4.) Plug in your Crock Pot and turn it on the “low” setting.

5.) While the Crock Pot is heating up, you can add half an onion, two chopped potatoes, and half a bag of baby carrots (add more for more people; this is not an exact science). Place them in the bottom of the Crock Pot and pour the other half a can of Guinness over them; stir it up.

6.) Lay the roast on top of the bed of veggies, fat side up.

7.) Pour the Guinness from the skillet over the roast. Season the roast with salt, pepper and any other herbs or spices that you might desire (I used a red salt that is made for meat.)

8 to 10 hours later (like, when you get home from work), you'll have a kitchen that smells like heaven and a complete meal you can cut with a fork.

I usually do a two-pound roast, four servings. This is even better the second night! Cook once, eat twice. Great for a busy lifestyle.

Here's the breakdown:
    Carrots - Baby, raw, 1 serving 30 cals
    Russet Potato - Medium, Boiled, Without Skin, 0.5 potato 72 cals
    Guinness Draught - Can, 3.73 oz 39 cals
    Generic - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 0.25 tbsp 30 cals
    Onions - Raw, 2 tbsp chopped 8 cals
    Generic - Bottom Round All Lean No Bone Roasted Beef, 7.5 oz cooked 280 cals

Total: 459 calories per serving
  • aimeebmandj
    aimeebmandj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a blog that has a lot of healthy recipes. She has several crock pot recipes. I have also found a lot of Pinterest.
  • NVCrazyLady
    Options
    Trying this weekend. *BUMP!*
  • brohio2013
    brohio2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump...thank you!
  • ljb415able
    Options
    YES it is wonderful!! I have had that!!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com! I'm making her crock pot Picadillo tomorrow!

The recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/crock-pot-picadillo.html

She also has a recipe for the leftovers that you can make in the crockpot. Stuffed bell peppers!

The recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/crock-pot-picadillo-stuffed-peppers.html

That website is amazing!
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump...thank you for all the delicious ideas! :-)
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • selandia
    Options
    bump
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump!
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This link goes to slow cooker only recipes: http://punchfork.com/recipes/slow-cooker

Many there by Skinny Taste (a great site!) and you could probably investigate the others and "skinny them up" if needed. Good luck!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My favorite--it might sound weird, but my husband is filipino so this is a normal dish in our house.

Chicken breasts
    equal parts vinegar, water and soy sauce--enough to cover chicken in crockpot. If you like the flavor and don't mind the salt, just use equal parts vinegar and soy sauce. Add some black peppercorns, garlic, and bay leaves.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Spend the $3 bucks and buy crock pot liners. You can find them next to the aluminum foil at the store. Easy peasy no clean up afterwards.

Definitely use skinnytaste. Make a big pot and freeze leftovers for lunches or dinner later.
  • spelham15
    spelham15 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just made these for the first time on Saturday....they were good!! I needed a good crock pot recipe because I was working and this one was perfect since it takes 9-10 hours on low...perfect for a work day.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pork/balsamic-honey-pulled-pork-sliders/
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I made a great cassoulet - any other good recipes using beans? (I can do chilli, something using other dried beans would be great)
  • margie1016
    margie1016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com

I just got a few off of the website and they have come out great. I just made crockpot chicken taco chili. Hubby loved it!