Recipe Friends

Options
rsjohnb
rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
Hey MFP's

I looking for some new friends who can give me some recipe ideas, I'm approaching my 5th week and I'm starting to get bored of porridge and ham sandwiches.:frown:

I like meat and dairy and ""real food" would be greatful of any friends who can help me prepare good wholesome meals.

In return I have some great recipes of my own but only for cheat days.:laugh:

thanks

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    canyoustayfordinner.com and emilybites.com has some wonderful recipes ...GOOD LUCK
  • CLDKess
    CLDKess Posts: 40
    Options
    What sort of things do you like?

Check out Skinnytaste.com
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My typical dinners during the week are mac cheese, mince and potatoes, stew with the weekend consisting of mostle takeaway indian/burgers/pizza.

Im not to shabby at the cookin and like to give things a try.

Only thing i dont like is chinese/thai type things.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Curries you could definitely make yourself - I usually use
    - canned beans OR dried red lentils
    - fresh red onions and aubergine
    - any frozen green vegetable
    - lazy garlic and red chilli
    - madras curry powder blend
    - block creamed coconut
    - canned tomatoes (optional).

Dried lentils and fresh veggies go in early, canned beans and green beans go in late enough to just heat through but not overcook. Obviously you could substitute one of the vegetables for a meat but it is surprisingly good 'vegan' due to the coconut it's just not satisfying without (I am an omnivore). And all kinds of veggies can go in if you like them - carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, leeks, bell peppers, fresh baby corn or sugarsnap peas.

Recipes here tend to be higher protein including meat eggs and cheese, higher veggies and low on the starches, but you could easily add a side of pasta or rice. http://www.marmaladeandmileposts.com/