Best weight loss book you have read

Options
2»

Replies

• jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    These are fantastic. Anybody have anymore to suggest?

Thanks!
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    While I didn't exactly agree with/follow much of the advice in the book, I thought the original South Beach Diet book was very informative. It taught me a lot about about how carbs interact with the body, and I still use a lot of the Stage 2 and Stage 3 recipes.

The worst? The T-Factor Diet, when I was in high school, during the early/mid-90's low fat craze. I lost some weight, but it all came back, plus some, and remarkably quickly.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Forks over Knives tho I am FAR from there yet lol.....a plant based way of eating....trys to tug at your heartstrings about how our 'meat' is treated before we eat it....but in theory a great book..some great recipes too.....
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. No fad diets, no BS about "cleansing" or "detoxing", etc. He includes a couple chapters about motivation/inspiration and goal setting which would probably be very useful to a lot of people.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Made to Crave by Lysa Terkheurst.
  • justforjen1
    justforjen1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Michael Pollan's book In Defense of Food. Really opened my eyes about some of the foods I was eating.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    'The smarter science of slim' by Jonathan Bailor is an excellent read
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Glad I stumbled on this
  • lachancegirl
    lachancegirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is really great!
  • suzukideb
    Options
    Body for life and body for life for women. They also have a cookbook Eating for Life. As a retired black belt, personal trainer they were the best I ever read.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Bob Harpers Skinny Rules & is previous book Are you ready? was also a good one. I'm looking for his new book coming out soon.
  • alltalk199
    Options
    starting to read Eat to Live by Dr Fuhrman, recommended to me!
  • bogensbergma
    bogensbergma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I second that Noor...Smarter Science of Slim is great!!! I like that its backed up by real science!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Ive read about three books out of them Body for Life was the best and it worked. It also set me up with tools I will hold on for the rest of my weightlifting and cardio days :)