Zumba?

Options

Replies

• barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello all you Zumba Lovers! I go to Zumba 3 times a week and think its a great form of cardio, its so much fun that it doesn't feel toooo much like hard exercise :laugh: i'm sure it certainly helps burn up some calories at the same time.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was kinda wishing that they would come today!!! I've also found a class in my area that starts on the 12th May. I'm thinking a couple of weeks of the DVD's and then I might not be so nervous about doing the class. I'll need to round up some of my friends!!!

Can't wait for they DVD's to come!!! :heart:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    donna56, since you are going to be using dvd's it will be much easier for you to pace yourself and do the best you can. I am guessing you are on medication for your condition. Start slow but be consistent and you will be able to "train" your lungs and build your endurance. The main thing is not to give up and stay positive.

eclairuk, don't be nervous about attending a Zumba class. Most instructors are very welcoming and encouraging. You will love it!!! If there are any steps you cant follow just smile and keep moving at your pace and your style. I had a new student the other day who said she was nervous and she did great!!! And she came back to my next class!!!!

Zumba Love!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    YAY I'm going to my first Zumba class tomorrow and am so excited!! I love everyones positive feedback on the classes. I struggle to excercise 60mins straight from boredom, and things getting to repetitive so this Zumba class will hopefully kick my butt.
  • therm01
    therm01 Posts: 1
    Options
    i LOVE zumba. it' makes me young again. i definitely think you should try a live class before committing to dvd's. half of the fun is dancing with other women dancing.
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Zumba has most definitely contributed to my weight loss. And not only is it a great weight loss tool but it's also a blast!!! Our instructor is great and makes every class so much fun and so enjoyable it's like you're just dancing for an hour and don't even feel like you're exercising. Good luck!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I love to hear all the positive feedback!!!!! It is so true, TeriB, one hour goes by so fast when you are doing Zumba!! :happy:

Jenuwine, how did you like the class??

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • eclairuk
    Options
    I got my DVD's on Tuesday and wasn't disappointed. I have only tried the beginner one until I get used to the steps but can't wait to try the rest. My arm muscles are sore so they've obviously been worked out but at the time it didn't feel like it!!!!

I'll try a different one next week and see how I go. Although the DVD's are fun I think I'll need to go to a class to get the full effect. Donna did you get yours?

:heart:
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I got my DVD's on Tuesday and wasn't disappointed. I have only tried the beginner one until I get used to the steps but can't wait to try the rest. My arm muscles are sore so they've obviously been worked out but at the time it didn't feel like it!!!!

I'll try a different one next week and see how I go. Although the DVD's are fun I think I'll need to go to a class to get the full effect. Donna did you get yours?

No, I didn't get mine yet. I ordered them last Friday. I thought I would have them by now. I was pretty sure because I had paid in full and they said 3 - 7 days if you pay in full. Maybe today or tomorrow. I hope
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    alf1163 It was OK - It was an absolute begginers class and seemed very basic. I was expecting more high energy and more 'salsa' hip shaking instead of aerobic moves like grapevine....but im in Australia - where are you all from. I'll definately give it another go, but might try looking for a more advanced class.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes and yes! I got to a fitness center, they provide zumba, zumba toning (with light weights), masala bhangra (similar to zumba but a middle eastern dance) and yoga and just added a purely muscles class.

I've been with it for about 2 1/2 months and have lost about 10+ pounds and 5+ inches! If my schedule allowed me to go more I would have lost more! It's very fun and very addicting!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have a video. I tried it once and really liked it even thought I felt extremely uncoordinated. I just got it last week and I like to trade my videos around, along with the treadmill. One of my good friends, his mom is a certified instructor and my soon to be mother in law attend classes/love it. I just can not afford classes and prefer to exercise alone anyway. Its my "me" time.
  • donna56
    Options

No, I didn't get mine yet. I ordered them last Friday. I thought I would have them by now. I was pretty sure because I had paid in full and they said 3 - 7 days if you pay in full. Maybe today or tomorrow. I hope

Yea!!!! :happy: I got my zumba dvd's today!!!! I won't try them out until monday though. I refuse to try them infront of soon 2 b dh :blushing: :laugh: I too will have to start out with the beginners strategy :embarassed:

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm so thrilled that the gym has added another Zumba class....this makes 4 a week, altho I can make the 3 during the day. That little dance instructor is phenomenal! She does everything from the typical salsa/cumbia to a boxing shuffle...and the music it outrageous!

My daughter absolutely loves the classes and we spend some fantastic quality time together....I feel so blessed!!! I so gettin'-so-fit, too!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello Zumba friends!!!! I was out of town since last Thu...I was actually in California and my sister, who is also an instructor, and I went to a class there and did a couple of songs with that instructor. It was so much fun!!!

Jenuwine, I am sorry you were dissapointed. The success of the class depends a lot on the instructor. Maybe this person does not have much experience with latin dance, etc, or is new to teaching fitness classes and was nervous. Is there another class you can try? Mine is intense and energetic and I teach a lot of different moves to add variety. I am in San Antonio, Texas.

Donna, did you do the videos?

Zumba Love!!! :flowerforyou:
  • eclairuk
    Options
    I think I'm hooked :laugh:

Last week did the beginner steps DVD which was fun, if a little bit confusing to start with. Doing arms and feet together sometimes makes me confused!! :laugh:

This week I am going to do the 20 Minute Express and either Sculpt & Tone or Flat Abs DVD. It is very fun and the hour flies in so it's fab!! I definately will have to go to a class to get the full Zumba experience, I'm going to try and get some of my friends to come with me for a boogie!!!

How are you getting on with yours Donna?

• colavitas
    colavitas Posts: 4
    Options
    yeah all i know is i take zuma and my thighs have thanked me for it!! the little motions are what make it great i love to not repeat myself too much you should love it!!
  • lindseybrooks
    Options
    Just started taking Zumba classes at the local gym, and I am definitely hooked! It is the best workout I have had in a while!!! AND it makes me feel attractive haha! Its so much fun!
  • donna56
    Options
    Hello Zumba friends!!!! I was out of town since last Thu...I was actually in California and my sister, who is also an instructor, and I went to a class there and did a couple of songs with that instructor. It was so much fun!!!

Jenuwine, I am sorry you were dissapointed. The success of the class depends a lot on the instructor. Maybe this person does not have much experience with latin dance, etc, or is new to teaching fitness classes and was nervous. Is there another class you can try? Mine is intense and energetic and I teach a lot of different moves to add variety. I am in San Antonio, Texas.

Donna, did you do the videos?

Zumba Love!!! :flowerforyou:

Yes and no. Sunday I messed around alittle with the basic dvd, but didn't have the apt. too long to myself. I was sick yesterday and although I am feeling better today, I still don't feel energy is my friend today. I am going to get with it tomorrow though. They are going to be fun, I can tell that already:smile: It is going to take me some time to build my self up to do it for any length of time because of the breathing, but I will do it as long as possible. Next time, I'll do a breathing treatment about 20 mins before hand. Thanks for asking.:flowerforyou:
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! I mean its the best workout ur burning tons of calories and having more fun then anything. I'm actually doing P90X. and Zumba is like my fun time. Its just bonus that I'm burning major cals and keeping my waist tight!! Actual classes are wwwwaaaaayyyyyyy better cause other ppl having fun gets you more into it! and you get different routines buts u will still have a blast! Good luck!