Seeing a change?

Options
Everyone, (lol) could I please get your insight. I know I can't be the only one that feels/felt like this. Did anyone ever feel as if your never gonna see results? Like I know if I stick with it I will eventually but when? It gets kind of disappointing not being able to physically see the changes. Ive heardit takes 6 weeks to see results, is this true? Has anyone seen them sooner? I've been fighting this weight loss for a year or so now and I see a difference from when I first started to now but now that I'm at it (again)I  don't won't to fall off Track bc I can't see results. Everyday I try to read a success story or two to keep me motivated and it's been working so far. Anyway back on track any words or success that you would like to share and have you or do you or did you ever feel like you weren't gonna make it but did? And also how long did it take you to see the changes? Thank you for your answers.

Replies

• lucycassingena
    Options
    You need to accept you have lost weight.

I do not look any different but feel so much better. Less bloated due to snacking less and not eating late. And fresh because of how much water I am drinking. I have just started and know that physically people may not be able to see any difference but the knowledge I am losing weight and feeling great shows on the outside. I feel much more confident already!

Stop looking for physical results you are probably the person who would notice a Change in yourself the least and think positive, trust me it works :-)
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to see it, I think. We are our hardest critics. I might not see it 100% but the telling is in my clothes. I've donated soo much clothes recently and today I went shopping for new clothes and I'm down a shirt size and down to a jean size where i can honestly say, I've never been! Yet, I don't see this "new" me in the mirror. I think it's because.I've been going slow and steady without losing motivation and sometimes we want fast results. Im not looking for that, this time I want results that'll last. So, be patient, hun. We'll get there
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    This is probably the opposite of what you want to hear, but I still don't "see" results. Cognitively, I know they exist. I have lost 75 lbs, 5 clothes sizes, about a foot "around" (measurement-wise), but I don't "see" it. To me, I look exactly the same.

I have had to completely shift my entire way of thinking-if I was going by the "just go by what you see in the mirror" approach, I'd be done for. Instead, I have made my goals to eat better/exercise and every day that happens, I meet my goal. Losing weight and clothes sizes is the result of meeting my goals. I can't go by what I see, so I had to find another way to think about it aside from looking for physical results.
  • Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. J
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and clothes sizes is the result of meeting my goals. I can't go by what I see, so I had to find another way to think about it aside from looking for physical results.

I LOVE this way of thinking.. Meeting daily goals.. of exercise and nutrition..then each day you achieve healthy eating and a workout, you have success! Then all those days together will give you the result.. I LOVE THAT.. Thanks!! ;)
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't mind not "seeing it" as long as the pant size keeps changing. And it does. :)
  • cowboy_11c
    Options
    I do feel this sometimes. My wife tells me she can see some results, but I don't see a physical change. Now, that's not to say that I'm not seeing results. Before I started this, I would have heartburn daily. I was taking ranitidine at least once, most time twice a day...every day. Since I started this on Jan 1, I haven't taken a single pill because I haven't needed it. Zero heartburn simply by changing my eating habits, and cutting back on portions. So while you may not see physical results, and I know that's whay we all would like to see, you can't only measure your sucess by that. Just don't get discouraged!!
  • carriebailey72
    carriebailey72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggests anyone to add weights to your exercise program. Lift as heavy as you can safely. You should see a big difference.