FIRST FILM YOU REMEMBER?

Options
Well mine was Superman - i remember going to see it in the cinema with my cousins and going home lying in the boot(!) no seat belt restrictions in 1978ish - looking at the sky convinced i would see him!

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    First film I ever saw on my own was The Warriors...1979, I was 11-years-old and went to the movie theater by myself one day after school instead of going to soccer practice!
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    good god! i remember that one! it was naughty! 11 years old - did you wear stilts to get in!?
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at the drive-in. My parents made my brothers and I sit next to the car with the little speaker on our laps.

Hmmm....I wonder what they were doing in the car?
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Gone with the wind at the drive in with my parents.I was maybe 3
  • Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The Land Before Time. I was two and my Dad and I spent the day on the couch, we both had chickenpox. I cried and cried and begged him to let the baby dinosaur live with us when his mother died.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    The Lion King (1994) in theatres. I was 6.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It was an old Vincent Price movie about a wax museum; he was killing people and dipping them in wax. Something like that.

I remember it because it gave me hives; I was sooooooooooo scared.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Star Wars in 1977 at a drive in movie and I was 9.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the first movie I ever saw, but the first one I saw in the theatre was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • 1969ned
    Options
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at the drive-in. My parents made my brothers and I sit next to the car with the little speaker on our laps.

Hmmm....I wonder what they were doing in the car?

Oh dear God! Parents don't fool around- please tell me they dont!!! I wont sleep tonite!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    hmmm..would either be Little Monsters, Child's Play or Pet Semetary...
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    First in theaters was European Vacation with Chevy Chase
  • 1969ned
    Options
    chevy chase! :laugh:
  • d_Mode
    Options
    good god! i remember that one! it was naughty! 11 years old - did you wear stilts to get in!?

I did not...then again, I don't recall them really checking or enforcing the movie ratings! :)
  • d_Mode
    Options
    It was an old Vincent Price movie about a wax museum; he was killing people and dipping them in wax. Something like that.

I remember it because it gave me hives; I was sooooooooooo scared.

House of Wax...(1953) with Vincent Price. I remember that one, too.
  • 1969ned
    Options
    ahhh yes the good ol' days - smokin in the cinema under the cover of darkness was one of the least bad things goin as well!:bigsmile:
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    ET at the drive- in. I was 4 and it scared the crap out of me.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Mine was 'Born Free' on TV....only because I said look at that F-ing lion and had to brush my teeth with soap....LOL...thanks Mom :grumble:
  • 1969ned
    Options
    did you phone home?
  • sudowpa2
    Options
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Secret of the Ooze.. the Only movie I remember going to the movies and my dad actually went. I was 8 years old.